Hi molly. I'm going to explain why your result came out a little different from mine.
1. The 3D Text is thicker than mine, so drop the Gradient layer (top layer) a little more. Instead of hitting the Down button 25 times like on the Step 7, go 40 times. Since you already did 25 times, all you need is to bring it down 15 more times.
2. Before you use the gradient Full spectrum, adjust the opacity 50% on the Gradient tool option, not on the Layers dialog.
3. On the Gradient copy #60, the gradient is on the surface of the Text and not on the entire. Just select Alpha to selection on the entire Text and do over the gradient.
4. Same Gradient #60 layer, change the Mode to Screen
5. The Spotlight Blur layer have to be over the Gray and Black texture.
6. Delete the white Background layer, (I'm sure you know that).
Anyway, try that to see how it will turn. I hope this help.