Switch to full style
Post all Gimp tutorials, tips and how-to's here
Post a reply

Wicker (extemely simplified).

Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:26 pm

OK; you (and others) broke my arm a bit. Just need to play with different settings (that's the fun). I did not colorize the result either in the tut; tut's extremely simplified. Didn't even use lylejk stencil followed by anisotrophic followed by rodilius but the tut will give you the gist of the flow. Experiment, experiment, experiment, is all I have to say. :)

Re: Wicker (extemely simplified).

Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:12 am

Thank you Lyle :) :)
Where do we find 'Fake Smudge'? I checked through all the filters in G'MIC and couldn't see it. I have the same version you have (In your picture) 64 bit.
I might get back to this tomorrow. Time I was asleep.
Good night

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:03 am

Hey, Sallyanne; it's in my favorites. I renamed Smooth (Anisotrophic) to Fake Smudge in my preset. Anisotrophic Smoothing is located under the Repair tab in G'MIC. :)

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:52 pm

Whee, (screams with delight) I did it! Thank you :)

Array faded https://sallyannester.deviantart.com/ar ... -737751091

Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:01 pm

Image With Illusion

Flip and rotate blocs

Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:21 am

Cool Sallyanne. Maybe one of the coders here can figure out a clever way to automate the flow. Anyway, there's so much variety you can get depending on what presets you choose to use as well. :)

Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:41 am

Original with seamless turbulence overlayed

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:16 am

Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:32 am

I think this is hour consuming, difficult stuff. You know I almost never post something like this. It is totally different from your example. But I can start somewhere: :oops:

Muziektent "De Waterlelie", Leiden
Bandstand "The Water Lily", Leiden

Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:51 pm

Looks fine, Iarga. Best way to colorize is to use Testing>Lylejk>Blend (shape average)

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:26 pm

Thank you Lyle, I will try your colorize filter.

I show my experiment, because I want to show my struggle with the sliders. I have to do a lot of homework to have something more interesting.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:30 pm

I'll have to add, it's not my colorize filter, but one David created and eliminated but kept just for me. David's the man. One day, if I ever find myself in France, I hope to meet the guy. :)
Post a reply