It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scan Lines
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:26 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Well in this tutorial I am gonna teach you guys how to make Scan lines. Those Awesome Crossing Black Lines you see in Photoshop user's images. (sorry can't find a good example right now)

1.To start you need to make a 5 X 5 pixel image, make sure it is set to transparent, if you were a bit to eager, then go to the layers dropbar at the top and go to transparency and add alpha channel. Then erase the whole thing.

2. After that take the pencil tool, and using any of the circle brush options, shrink the size down to .01, which makes your brush exactly 1 pixel. Then zoom in close enough so you can see each pixel and make a diagonal going from the top left hand corner going to the bottom left hand corner. If you do this right it should only use 5 clicks.

3. Then select the whole image, and go to edit paste as, new pattern. I would name it Scan Line or Scan_Line, or whatever your preference is.

If you need any help with this, feel free to post here or PM me. Also feel free to post your results here =D, more tutorials coming up.
If you guys use this in anything, please post them up =D

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Scan Lines
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:09 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Hey, Please Can You Make My A .gif image Saying ( CrAzZyMoDz ) Like This One http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss10 ... emossy.gif ( with Gradient if possible ) Thanks...

Post subject: Re: Scan Lines
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:12 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Uhm... wrong area... and that would be hard...