Switch to full style
Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

Fantasy maps

Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:36 pm

I made some fantasy world maps using tutorials from cartographer's guild forum as a reference.
Making these is addictive. :hehe
The first is the final picture; The other two are the original lineart (made from simplex noise technique) and an edited version on G'MIC to make it look like a drawing... :paint

Re: Fantasy maps

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:29 pm

Dionísio wrote:I made some fantasy world maps using tutorials from cartographer's guild forum as a reference.
The first is the final picture; The other two are the original lineart (made from simplex noise technique) and an edited version on G'MIC to make it look like a drawing... :paint

Nice work.
:coolthup

Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:17 pm

Wallace wrote:
Dionísio wrote:I made some fantasy world maps using tutorials from cartographer's guild forum as a reference.

Nice work.

:tyspin

Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:23 pm

Dionísio wrote: :tyspin

You're welcome.
:bigthup

I use to be into D&D,
when I was a teenager.
I wish we had something like this,
back in the day.

Everything use to be drawn by hand on hex,
or graph paper.
What a pain in the neck that was.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:48 pm

Nice! I started doing these kinds of maps after I played a d&d-like game with friends on discord, a few months ago.
I don't know many people in real life that has interest in this kind of game. But I enjoy making these nonetheless. :hehe

I want to try my hand at making some props for these kinds of games on GIMP - potions, weapons or something around it.
For now, I'm experimenting with rendering scenes in GIMP. Hopefully, it'll make it easier to make the objects I want... :roll:
Made this map while experimenting today:

Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:53 pm

Dionísio wrote:Nice! I started doing these kinds of maps after I played a d&d-like game with friends on discord, a few months ago.
I don't know many people in real life that has interest in this kind of game. But I enjoy making these nonetheless. :hehe

I want to try my hand at making some props for these kinds of games on GIMP - potions, weapons or something around it.
For now, I'm experimenting with rendering scenes in GIMP. Hopefully, it'll make it easier to make the objects I want... :roll:
Made this map while experimenting today:

[ Image ]

Very realistic looking.
Post a reply