Switch to full style
Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

Instagram Logo

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:15 am

Here's an instagram logo I created. I followed this tutorial to achieve the logo

The video I followed is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq0R_45ZkPE

Re: Instagram Logo

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:20 pm

Very nice! The colors are amazing.
I think if the background was not pure black but a lighter/saturated color it would make the logo blend in better with the bg.

I wonder if there could be a way to create these shapes in GIMP while still keeping them as svg, kinda like the shapes tool on Ps. These kinds of creations would be so much easier to do if we could keep editing the shapes while still having them as vectors.

Re: Instagram Logo

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:30 pm

Dionísio wrote:Very nice! The colors are amazing.
I think if the background was not pure black but a lighter/saturated color it would make the logo blend in better with the bg.

I wonder if there could be a way to create these shapes in GIMP while still keeping them as svg, kinda like the shapes tool on Ps. These kinds of creations would be so much easier to do if we could keep editing the shapes while still having them as vectors.

Thanks! I tried to do the tutorial exactly but in some spots I had to improvise. I don't know if svg files work with gimp but I could see your suggestion working. I wasn't too fond of the background either. The background was a black/white gradient, not pure black.
Post a reply