Switch to full style
Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

New Age Landscape

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:27 am

Created temporary clipboard brushes for the grass and foliage.

Re: New Age Landscape

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:53 pm

All the work you must have done with the brushes, and I keep looking back to the one single part of the image that isn't part of a curve. Is it a monolith? A tower? Am I just resting here by this tree before taking up the burden for the last stage of the journey? Thanks for sharing this.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:29 pm

I'm glad you like it :) The brushes weren't difficult - just one blade of grass on a transparent layer copied to the clipboard and random angle dynamics. The foliage brush was made with the grass brush.
The monument was based on Glastonbury Tor in Somerset, England, where I have found much peace of mind in the past. The tower was once part of a church dedicated to st. Michael the archangel.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:38 pm

nice!

Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:03 pm

Erisian - nice work; your new motto should be 'simple but very effective' :clap

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:43 am

Erisian :wvy

It's done with a graphics tablet?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:29 am

trandoductin wrote:nice!

Thank you :tyspin

oldmangrumpy wrote:Erisian - nice work; your new motto should be 'simple but very effective' :clap

Now there's an idea :coolthup

level_0 wrote:Erisian :wvy

It's done with a graphics tablet?

It's actually done with the laptop's touchpad. I have a graphics tablet and I used to use it a lot, but since Gimp 2.8, I have had problems with lag and with using the sliders so now it is easier to use the touchpad. :)

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:46 am

Erisian wrote:It's actually done with the laptop's touchpad. I have a graphics tablet and I used to use it a lot, but since Gimp 2.8, I have had problems with lag and with using the sliders so now it is easier to use the touchpad. :)

it never occurred to me to use the touchpad with Gimp.I just tried but I gave up right away! :hehe

Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:43 pm

level_0 wrote:
Erisian wrote:It's actually done with the laptop's touchpad. I have a graphics tablet and I used to use it a lot, but since Gimp 2.8, I have had problems with lag and with using the sliders so now it is easier to use the touchpad. :)

it never occurred to me to use the touchpad with Gimp.I just tried but I gave up right away! :hehe

Yeah, takes a bit of getting used to. :roll:
Post a reply