Switch to full style
Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

Layers in second windows 10 account not working properly

Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:38 pm

I was using gimp (2.10.10) on my main admin account in windows 10 and everything was working fine (and still is). I run a business and decided to setup another windows account on the same PC only for work related stuff. I installed gimp on the second account and it starts up fine, but when I open a new .jpg I loose all but three of the options when I right click on the layer. I have deleted gimp from the computer, and reinstalled in both windows user accounts. It still operates properly on my original (admin) account but not in the second user account. The second account is also an admin account so I am not understanding. If I had to guess it sounds like a windows problem, but I don't know. Thanks in advance!

Re: Layers in second windows 10 account not working properly

Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:49 pm

You could try copying the Gimp User Profile,
from the working Gimp installation.
Replacing the Gimp User Profile on the nonworking Gimp installation,
with the copied (known working) Gimp User Profile.

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:36 am

Wallace, I finally got it figured out with your advice. I ended up going to the Gimp 2.1 folder in the working user profile and copying and replacing the entire folder to the new user account. It worked perfectly! I have been fighting with this for days. I am grateful for your help. Have a blessed day, Josh

Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:50 pm

culvert2 wrote:Wallace, I finally got it figured out with your advice. I ended up going to the Gimp 2.1 folder in the working user profile and copying and replacing the entire folder to the new user account. It worked perfectly! I have been fighting with this for days. I am grateful for your help. Have a blessed day, Josh

:coolthup
Post a reply