Switch to full style
Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

Of Copper, Silver, & Gold

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:32 pm

ref: http://www.fontplay.com/freephotos/eigh ... 307-13.jpg

One more hurrah before I start my weekend shift. Since I cannot break the binge, I might as well embrace it. lol

:)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/163034485 ... 31/sizes/o

Re: Of Copper, Silver, & Gold

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:51 pm

This is lovely. Looks like a good candidate for a custom font texture.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:40 pm

Appreciate the words, Lenny. :)

Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:06 pm

Lyle, I have always been amazed at your binges.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:13 pm

Very nice Lyle.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:56 pm

Thanks Pat/Diego. Thought I would metallize the mosaic just to do something different. lol

:)

Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:12 am

It's lovely and a very convincing mosaic :kpix

Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:36 am

Thanks, Teapot. Now I must hit the sack. You and all have a great weekend. :)

Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:43 am

Lyle, What a beautiful effect! I didn't see it yesterday. Great! :clap

Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:13 am

Thanks, Issabella. Not showing results yet, but I think I came across a way to really make near identical bricks and very clean to boot. Just too tired to post and hope I get a chance to post a sample before I forget how I did what I did (few minutes ago). lolol

The result wasn't worthy of posting due to subject matter; just was experimenting as I always do. :)

Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:37 am

lylejk :wvy
great! :clap
It's a pity you always forget how you did it because you are not a beginner ... :gaah

Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:02 pm

I said I hope I don't forget, level_0. lol

Believe I still remember; just way too tired to outline at the moment but it involves controlling the spacing of the paths (from Mosaic Helper) and the spacing of the stroked dots. It also request a very sharp edge detect scheme so not using Isophots (G'MIC) but used neon edge detect (G'MIC) with some cleanup, and narrowed the lines via G'MICs Skeleton (slow) preset. I then select the dark area (bulk area) before running Mosaic helper and then select the voids (have to first fill layer with solid color (white) and then stroke the resulting path and then select any voided areas before running Mosaic helper again and then merge the two paths). I then export the path and then open the path into GIMP resized (bigger; what SVGs are great at) and then stroke the path with spaced dots (pencil) before running G'MICs Skeleton (fast) to create fills. I then thicken the walls before filling the areas with target color (G'MICs lylejk>Blend (Shape Average); thanks again to David for keeping this preset since he no longer wanted it as part of main G'MIC and cannot figure out why, so, as a personal favorite, saved it under my folder). :)

Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:10 am

lylejk :wvy
I was joking , :) because I know you do not forget ... ;)
Have a good Easter day!
Post a reply