Switch to full style
Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

Something else to play with

Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:50 am

I meant to do this once a week, but I've missed last week. Here's another photo to play with:
P1300878.JPG
P1300878.JPG (3.31 MiB) Viewed 3338 times

Kevin

Re: Something else to play with

Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:10 pm

You just had to continue to feed my binge hadn't you, Kevin. lol

Thanks for the play. Bushed I am (had to pull a 6 hour last night). Still, I needed the diversion. :)

Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:12 pm

Really excellent Lyle !
If you used only Gimp and Gmic, maybe you will post your tut, as you did years ago, from which I derived my script "Lyle style".
If not, we should just enjoy your creations...

Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:43 pm

That's superb Lyle!

Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:00 am

My very limited "sharpen-blur" approach.

P1300878dn.JPG
P1300878dn.JPG (3.28 MiB) Viewed 3283 times

difficult to notice the difference, only side by side

Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:14 am

Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:01 am

dinasset wrote:Really excellent Lyle !
If you used only Gimp and Gmic, maybe you will post your tut, as you did years ago, from which I derived my script "Lyle style".
If not, we should just enjoy your creations...

Edge detection is key, Diego; Isophots is just too, well, not accurate. Again, I used Neon Edge detect (with some cleanup) and then squeezed the lines further using G'MIC's Skeleton (slow). Once I got the edge template, I selected the background (due to using neon edge, the background color is black) before running Mosaic Tiler Helper. I then, of course, stroked the dots and ran Skeleton (fast) for the mask. I cleaned the mask, again, but up, set top layer to light, and moved up, dupped that result set to lighten, and shifted other directions to get a cleaner mask since Skeleton (fast) output is not the cleanest. Need the wider lines for the mask in order for the blend shape average step to get a solid clean result (no side artifacts). Added the isophots steps outline like I did in the tutorial is not needed so long as you have a thick enough mask for blend shape average. Just running morphology to thicken the masked still led to an ugly outline. The shift lighten technique, though eyeballed, just gives a cleaner result imo. As for tutorials, as you know I don't like doing them and now that I have to hit the hay since I have to head to work tomorrow for my version of Monday, I don't have the motivation (since I worked Monday into Tuesday and Wednesday into Thursday this week for overtime pay, I really never got a solid day off, either; like the extra pay, but you cannot put a real price on having 3 straight days off). lol

:)

Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:43 am

Thanks a lot, Lyle.
This is what I was asking for: the sequence of steps, not a "tutorial" in the classical sense, sorry for having used that word.
I don't like tutorials either.

Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:34 am

dinasset wrote:I don't like tutorials either.

:wvy
I like tutorials because that's how I learn and then I modify them as I like ... :)

Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:14 pm

My play.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:26 am

My try,

Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:43 am

Very nice, Issabella.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:10 am

Nice b/w Noir, Issabella. :)

Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:28 am

Thank you so much for your appreciation, Dinasset, and Lyle. It means a lot to me. :tyspin

Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:24 pm

Mantiuk-CartoonPaint-Engrave.png
Mantiuk-CartoonPaint-Engrave.png (1.4 MiB) Viewed 1651 times

Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:16 am

Structure

Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:19 am

I am late to the game!!!
I decided to do something silly and give each flower a picture of it's own!
david.

Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:43 am

I love seeing your creations. You all have become the roses admirable creations. :clap
Post a reply