Switch to full style
Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

Griatch's Witch's Friend

Sat May 22, 2021 4:41 am

I went through some Griatch's images, got inspired and wanted to make a friend for his recurring character. This witch is clumsier and less competent, but makes up with sunny personality!

Pencil sketch, Karbon for "inking"/linework, Gimp 2.10 for color. Now I think I'm getting hang of this new Gimp version...

Re: Griatch's Witch's Friend

Sun May 23, 2021 5:09 pm

kimppi wrote:[ Image ]

I went through some Griatch's images, got inspired and wanted to make a friend for his recurring character. This witch is clumsier and less competent, but makes up with sunny personality!

Pencil sketch, Karbon for "inking"/linework, Gimp 2.10 for color. Now I think I'm getting hang of this new Gimp version...

Haha, that's great! She looks sweet and that's a very creative outfit too. I like your clean lines and good anatomy here. Nice touch to have her hands pulled up in her sleeves like that (it conveys personality and is also a nice way to avoid having to drawing hands, but I'm sure the latter of course is purely coincidental :mrgreen:).

I have several recurring characters, but since you mention this one contrasts with a sunny personality, I suppose you mean the ever grim Unknown Girl from Where Red Apples Lie?

Wed May 26, 2021 8:33 am

(Sorry, couldn't answer earlier, work is so hectic now)

I think I thought that bookshop wizard/witch character. Btw, I don't have any more "hand problems", sleeve thing was just trying to be cute... :D

Anyway. Thanks for comments!

Sat May 29, 2021 2:44 pm

I see. The bookshop wizard is not a recurring character (first time I painted her), which is what confused me. :) Yeah, yours would be a fun friend (messing up the book-buying by tipping things over, for sure). :mrgreen:

Btw, I don't have any more "hand problems", sleeve thing was just trying to be cute...

Fair enough! And it worked too. :)
Griatch

Sat May 29, 2021 4:29 pm

The Tree of Life contribution you made earlier was real nice..can I say this is better?
With your skills, I'd be doing fantasy comic strips all the day, love that simple outline work.
Looking forward for your next piece/hottie!
Post a reply