Switch to full style
Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

Make a brush - Make a mandala

Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:15 pm

Some cold wet days deliver a lot of Gimping time :)

Regular GC visitors will know that sometimes I get a bee in my bonnet about something Gimp and pursue it relentlessly for a week or so ... e.g.Cartoon Ladies in my Something Different thread.

Well this time I got hooked on making a brush then making a mandala from it. The various tools in Gimp like Symmetry Painting and Tin Tran's script 'Mura Meister Copies', really minimise the labour required. So here is the first one, showing the brushes I created and the mandala created from these brushes. I thought a separate thread would be better this time.

Re: Make a brush - Make a mandala

Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:24 am

Hi Omg,
Wow your creation is beautifull !
What a great idea to expand the possibilities of mandalas and here is my first try ...
I admit that it is less refined than yours!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:38 am

Lula - that's a terrific result; I'm so pleased you have joined this mandala thread. Hopefully others will join us too.

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:04 am

Thanks Omg. Here is another one...

Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:34 am

I want to enter in your play, OMG and Lula. I like Mandalas a lot, too. :hehe

Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:49 am

:bigthup Issabella :jumpclap

I know you like to create them because I could admire your beautiful achievements in the pages of the forum.

Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:46 am

Do I have a right to be smug for starting the other mandala thread? :hehe I'm glad I did because so much beautiful work has come out of it and these too are wonderful mandalas.

@lula - I have been watching your progress and I really love all the work you have done, especially these mandalas of yours. Sorry I haven't got around to welcoming you. I don't often log in these days, but WELCOME TO GC. :bigthup

Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:51 am

... ... And the last one to end the day in style !

Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:04 pm

Beautiful mandalas, OMG and Lula. :clap
here one more.

Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:46 pm

:tyspin Issabella, I really like your last mandala #9

Thank you Erisian for the welcome and the compliment.

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:00 pm

Lula and Issabella - beautiful works; glad you are playing here :jumpclap

Erisian - my old 'smug' mate, yes you kicked it off for me in the same way Anmal started me with paisley and I would love to see you both here too :yes

Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:40 pm

Lovely mandalas OMG, lula and Issabella.

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:29 am

Lovely each one of you. I may join in tomorrow afternoon /evening.

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:30 pm

OMG, Lula, Issabella, your mandalas are astonishing! I love all of them. What can I say except: beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:14 pm

Hi Pat and thank you; we would like to see one of your masterpieces here :bigthup

Gum leaves and gum nuts symbolise Australia and are often used in Australian art, so ...

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:51 am

OMG, it's really so beautiful and creative. :coolthup
teapot, yours is lovely I love those contrasted colours. :coolthup

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:50 am

:clap Sallyanne and Omg.

Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:13 am

Issabella, Thank you for your comment.

oldmangrumpy wrote:Gum leaves and gum nuts symbolise Australia and are often used in Australian art, so ...

OMG, That's original and elegant. I Like the metallic texture too.

lula wrote: :clap Sallyanne and Omg.

Lula, I like your leaves mandala, are the leaves embossed? Lovely autumnal colours. Did Sallyanne post a mandala?

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:19 am

Hi Teapot,

I got the wrong person and it wasn't Salyanne that I wanted to congratulate but you for your beautiful red/green mandala.
Yes Teapot, the leaves are embossed. I cut out (détouré in french) a lot of my photos during my canadian winters. In the spring, summer and autumn I often went for a walk in the Montreal Botanical Garden and found all the flora I could dream of.

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:40 am

Lula, Thank you for the explanation, what a good idea to make the leaves standout. Your leaf photos are lovely :jumpclap
Post a reply