Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

For those interested in the Recursive transform

Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:29 am

How to create a mandala using recursive transform
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Re: For those interested in the Recursive transform

Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:11 am

I did one. Not as good but I sort of followed the tut.

Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:27 pm

vitforlinux wrote:
[ Image ]

But why not use the recursive transform again instead of making layers and rotating them... it's much more convenient.
I did a test once the first object was done multiply it by four using recursion 3 and rotating it is fast.
I have also used simmetry mandala for clock background.

I did not want to "open my mouth" yesterday, but yes indeed, @vitforlinux you are right, the tuto does not use the true power of recursive transform (like rotating recursively, and I would have mirror the stroke path with the symmetry paint) ;)

In all cases, thanks @sallyanne, this tuto shows some cool lineart and gives many ideas about what we can do, and to credit the video's author, he does truly know how to use the rotate tool to its potential, something we don't see so often, where a lot of beginners can be interested to learn, and can be more precise than recursive rotation :bigthup

Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:25 am

You are right VitforLinux, I could see lots of ways to make it quicker as I was watching it but I never thought of using this tool to make a Mandala, or any pattern for that matter.

Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:46 am

Nice results, Sallyanne/vitforlinux. Might look at the video when I wake up later on (1:46am now; lol). :)
Post a reply