Switch to full style
Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

Party of Trolls (v2)

Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:45 pm

(click for larger DA version)

This is a re-furbishment of an old image of mine from 2006. The old one had strange croppings of the top of her head and feet, and I was never fully satisfied with it. This was the very first image I did in the "... of Trolls" series with the green-skinned troll-girl. I didn't plan it to be a recurring character, but she got so popular in some circles that I got into doing several more images of her over the years.
Griatch

Re: Party of Trolls (v2)

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:08 pm

That's great work! I especially like the details on her clothing.

For whatever reason, with her standing in front of the ``green screen'', I have a mental image of her presenting the daily weather.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:24 pm

Love the facial expression, made me smile, too. Even though the teeth sort of made me take a step back. <wink>

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:30 pm

mahvin wrote:Love the facial expression, made me smile, too. Even though the teeth sort of made me take a step back. <wink>
Same here. She's adorable! I love the bracelets around her tail. I like all that green. Green is my favorite color.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:08 pm

This is a very nice piece Griatch.
I love the lighting and texture in this one.And she is quite beautiful for a green troll! ;)

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Definitely like this result Griatch. Her smile made me smile for whatever reason. :)

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:22 pm

Thanks for the comments. :) She is fun to draw, and she does make me smile too. :) .
Griatch

Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:15 am

Really beautiful! Cute expression. Nice overall feeling.

Small tip, Griatch: you can twist texture with the new Cage tool. Hip and thigh area texture is a bit too straight. It could curve along anatomy, now that we have tool for such finesse...

But really wonderful image as it is.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:47 am

On the dress, there are points at which you can see some of her skin underneath, wouldn't this usually be at areas where it would be stretched,
Such as the front of her shoulders because her arms are up?

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:49 am

I would like to meet her, although I'm sure my wife would veto it. There's something about green women, I guess that's why I liked the old star treks.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:32 am

kimppi wrote:Really beautiful! Cute expression. Nice overall feeling.

Small tip, Griatch: you can twist texture with the new Cage tool. Hip and thigh area texture is a bit too straight. It could curve along anatomy, now that we have tool for such finesse...

But really wonderful image as it is.

You have a point there, I'd probably try iwarp though. Haven't tried the cage tool, not using the dev version in production yet. :)
Griatch

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:03 am

It is fine image, don't worry. Also IWarp is fine, I just like Cage too.

Griatch wrote:You have a point there, I'd probably try iwarp though. Haven't tried the cage tool, not using the dev version in production yet. :)
Griatch

You're much wiser than I. I have very exotic compilations of Gimp, Mypaint and Blender. (Actually I have at least 4 working versions of Blender...) I just hope I'm not building Skynet accidentally... :rofl
Post a reply