Switch to full style
Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

Re: at last: the "make a paisley" thread!

Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:50 pm

I found Graechan's Plastic and Glass script and had to play with it. My first attempt was to make a paisley as I was missing them!! I know this is not fancy like OMG's and some of the others but, it's a beginning!
PaisleyGlass.jpeg
PaisleyGlass.jpeg (485.15 KiB) Viewed 1094 times

Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:33 pm

Pat625 wrote:I found Graechan's Plastic and Glass script and had to play with it.
My first attempt was to make a paisley as I was missing them!!
I know this is not fancy like OMG's and some of the others but, it's a beginning!
PaisleyGlass.jpeg

It looks quite fancy to me. :bigthup

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:39 pm

Thank you, Wallace. I am in awe of your creations. You have much skill and knowledge.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:57 pm

I do like the glossy paisley Pat. :)

Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:12 pm

Pat - a nice shiny paisley Pat; you know they are my favourite, so let' see some more :yes

Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:18 pm

Pat625 wrote:Thank you, Wallace. I am in awe of your creations. You have much skill and knowledge.

Aww shucks...
:oops:
oldmangrumpy wrote:Pat - a nice shiny paisley Pat; you know they are my favourite, so let' see some more :yes

Yeah, show us what you got!
:jumpclap

Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:47 pm

pat625: :paint :jumpclap that's a real beauty! i like that you used so many different types of stroke on it. the golden glitter background doesn't exactly make it worse either. but oh dear, you really need to practice on introducing your images with a proper flourish - what would your poor paisley think if it heard itself described as "not fancy"?! ;)

Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:04 am

Oh pat, that glossy paisley is so beautiful!

Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:45 pm

Thanks to all of you for your nice comments! I really enjoy this forum and all of the people in it.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:15 pm

here's my latest paisley - inspired by all the glass ornaments by lylejk and oldmangrumpy but not using any of the same techniques.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:29 pm

Beautiful AnMal!! Which method did you use for your glass effect?

Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:14 pm

Anmal - beautiful and very glassy paisley; well done :clap

Now there I was having just kicked the 'glassy' habit and previously the paisley habit too, and you feed me both of them ... I'll be back :)

Also, like Pat, I am wondering about your technique ... but I'll work on it.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:39 pm

Not clever enough to make glassy or very pretty paisleys but I had a play this afternoon with one that I made using brushes

Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:49 pm

Oh, Sallyanne! Your paislies are pretty and clever!

Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:26 am

Thank you Sallyanne, your lovely paisleys motived me to try something to get a glassy effect but I don't know if I got it. :)

Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:26 am

Sallyanne & Issabella - welcome to the paisley party; excellent contributions too.

Anmal - you really have set a high standard and a difficult challenge, well for me anyway. However, after many attempts I came up with something glassy that does not use BRL or Glass/Plastic scripts ...

Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:30 am

Thanks OMG, and I like that glassy effect you got without using BRL, too. :bigthup How? :)

Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:46 am

Issabella wrote:Thank you Sallyanne, your lovely paisleys motived me to try something to get a glassy effect but I don't know if I got it. :)

my dear friend, you did a nice job: why not to "imitate" AnMal somehow? hehehe...(gradient flare on the BG)
glassy paisley with gradiantflare.png
glassy paisley with gradiantflare.png (728.45 KiB) Viewed 1113 times

Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:00 am

Nice your BG amico, it makes a better result. :) :hi5 and yes, I try to "imitate" to AnMal and people who create so beautiful outcomes, but I am too far to get nice outcomes by myself. :) Thank you.

Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:28 am

oldmangrumpy wrote:Sallyanne & Issabella - welcome to the paisley party; excellent contributions too.

Anmal - you really have set a high standard and a difficult challenge, well for me anyway. However, after many attempts I came up with something glassy that does not use BRL or Glass/Plastic scripts ...

[ Image ]

to be fair and apply the "par condicio"
your nice paisley OMG with a fractalised BG
3878_glasspaisgembrush2_fractalisedBG.png
3878_glasspaisgembrush2_fractalisedBG.png (1.64 MiB) Viewed 1111 times
Post a reply