Switch to full style
Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

Re: Hand painted mandalas

Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:12 am

OMG - Ooooh, the greens - the greens. Stunning! :bigthup :jumpclap :clap

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:35 pm

Level_0, Anmal and Erisian - thank you for your kind words.

Anmal -glad you have contributed to a thread started by 'you know who!!'; nice work on your mandala too. I only use hand painting (symmetry painting) when using standard Gimp brushes, when I use my own brushes I get errors in 'symmetry painting' and so use Tin's Mura Meister Copies script to achieve a similar result. Plus I also do a fair bit of post processing.

Here is one with a strong glass influence that started as an entwined metallic mandala.

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:15 pm

Very nice, OMG! You know how I love glass!

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:04 am

Erisian: Sigh. Just because you went vegan, isn't it? Obsessed by those greens.
Oldmangrumpy: Nice glass! One of your specialities :). There are so many ways of doing more or less the same thing - it's fun to see Erisian symmetry paint his mandalas, but I think I prefer doing it my way anyway.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:26 pm

P1937 wrote:Erisian something from you maybe!

If you say so... :mrgreen:

Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:27 am

Erisian: You've already heard me on the topic, but I want to point out once more that they are lovely and that last one is perfection. I said so, so it must be true.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:14 pm

Nice mandalas everyone!
:paint

Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:13 pm

Well Wallace has said it all! A couple more ...

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:16 pm

They're beautiful OMG. AnMal loves the first (But then she loves tea as well!) and I love the second (and I have superior taste, whatever AnMal says!)

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:43 pm

Oldmangrumpy: I love both of them, and I never look down my nose at bourbon lilies (French lilies, Florentine lilies, whatever you call them) - but that first one is soooo lovely! I want it hung from an amber-beaded gold chain around my neck.
Erisian: :rasp

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:29 am

Not strictly hand painted (it used the paths lines tool) but it used the mandala symmetry function which is really the point.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:02 pm

Erisian - neat lined paths image, obviously great minds think alike (Anmal please do not complete that old saying!

One lined paths mandala and one using my first attempt at creating personal brush dynamics.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:25 am

Two more.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:59 am

Erisian - I am impressed by your very novel mandalas, which I am glad ypou posted as it gives me an excuse to post these ...

Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:22 am

Erisian :wvy OMG :wvy
it's beautiful, as always, but it discourages me ... :(
I would like to know how to do these last two.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:18 pm

level_0: It's almost (but not really!) annoying how good they are at this. :hehe
Grumpmaster: I like that!! The top one looks like a piece of early Art Deco tiling and the bottom one looks like one of Da Vinci's knots.
Erisian: :paint Permission to look smug granted for three days ahead. Though of course I won't get to see your smug face much now that the Christmas rush is starting.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:08 pm

It has been long I last visited this nice thread. Wonderful jobs and so colorful. :yes :clap
You all are very artists.
I did one more as it's so funny. :hi5 :paint

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:17 am

Impressive and rich results from everyone, I'm loving all the colours and textures you are creating and all the lined paths work :jumpclap

Still at a rudimentary level, I tried making one of my old mandalas a bit metallic.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:02 pm

teapot, how nice your mandala, too. Beautiful. :yes :paint

Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:26 pm

level_0 - in your last post you said you would 'like to know how to do these last two'. On the presumption that those last two were in my post, I have attached a PDF document explaining what I did. Hope it is what you were looking for :)
Post a reply