Switch to full style
Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

Re: at last: the "make a paisley" thread!

Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:41 am

molly wrote:Wow, that is quite cool Wallace, it looks like some nice round smimming pools. :teeth

Thanks Molly. Image :mrgreen:

Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:46 pm

Ah Wallace - your paisley brushes feature again along with Graechan's Shine Alpha. Paisley on parchment, a good combination.

Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:22 pm

oldmangrumpy wrote:Ah Wallace - your paisley brushes feature again along with Graechan's Shine Alpha. Paisley on parchment, a good combination.

[ Image ]

Looking good OMG.

Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:18 pm

Thank you Wallace- this paisley stuff is so addictive. :roll:

Anyway, as I can't stop I have at last made a paisley image from scratch - these path things are a terrific tool once you start to understand them. Got a bit carried away and ran it through Graechan's shine alpha filter then put some paisley tatoos on it. Now it looks like a tourist trinket from New Zealand!

EDIT - And one more from scratch with paths then Ofnuts inbetweener ... I think it qualifies as make a paisley :oops:

Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:40 am

:shock: :wow :yr :spring :grooving :party
i'm stunned. i thought it was a stupid move on my part to post this right before going away, i was sure it would sink like a stone - but you've been having a real party here :-). nice job on the paisleys everyone, i hope now the thread exists there will be a new paisley posted every now and then. :)

Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:30 pm

:jumpclap
Here's another one. This took me a while to do.
paisley & vine.png
paisley & vine.png (529.64 KiB) Viewed 1792 times

Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:09 pm

Wow

Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:17 pm

molly wrote:Wow

:bigthup

Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Anmal - thanks for comments but this thread is really helping me to learn, especially about paths!

You like the paisley biscuits I made previously so I made some more for you, iced chocolate ones this time in a gold paisley wrapper! Hope you enjoyed your holiday 'up north'.

Wallace - love your green flowery paisley above; it sets me another challenge!

Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Wallace wrote:
:jumpclap
Here's another one. This took me a while to do.
paisley & vine.png

Very nice Wallace.

Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:52 pm

The Warrior wrote:Very nice Wallace.

:bigthup

Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:28 am

wallace: yay! lovely job you did on that paisley and vine thingy! i love that golden green glow on the edges, looks almost like it was set in gold.
oldmangrumpy: woohoo, my own paisley chocolate biscuits! :yes i'm not even gonna share them with erisian, he'd just ruin them by having coffee with them *shudders*. the paisley patterned gold foil looks really amazing, grumpy one, you're getting very good with textures :)!

Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:33 am

AnMal wrote:wallace: yay! lovely job you did on that paisley and vine thingy! i love that golden green glow on the edges, looks almost like it was set in gold.

Thanks AnMal. :bigthup
I hope to soon create a few more, but we'll see. ;)

Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:39 am

I still recall a very old tutorial on how to make paisleys using Kai's Power Tools. Wish I had this plugin. Not sure if it worked in GIMP or not. :)

http://ann-s-thesia.com/paisley.shtml

Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:10 pm

lylejk:wow, that reminds me so much of my old tut: psychedelic paisley machine! hmm... with g'mic and gimp it should be possible to reproduce that KPT tutorial completely - i'll be back! *insert mad scientist laughter here*

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:46 am

Wow, it's great to see so much imagination applied to this simple design. Nice work everyone! Here's some more hand painted stuff for you.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:27 am

AnMal wrote:lylejk:wow, that reminds me so much of my old tut: psychedelic paisley machine! hmm... with g'mic and gimp it should be possible to reproduce that KPT tutorial completely - i'll be back! *insert mad scientist laughter here*

Look forward to what you come up with AnMal. :)

Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:25 pm

Check this one out.
Wallace paisley D.png
Wallace paisley D.png (258.45 KiB) Viewed 1751 times

Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:49 pm

:coolthup

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:18 pm

Wonderful result Wallace. :)
Post a reply