Switch to full style
Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

Re: Mahvin's Messes

Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:42 am

Thank you, everyone. I'm sure there is an easy way to do this.

Tasmania, I live on the east side of the Palouse, just outside the St Joseph National Forest. We have moose walk through our town, and had a few school lockdowns this past winter when mama moose and calf decided to "play" at the school park.

Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:29 pm

Thanks for the moose story, very cool.

Regarding the HeritageType Vintage fonts, you could make a new font set, that would be a solution (says a guy who has never created a font set:) )

Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:57 am

I'm getting there...

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:43 am

This inspired me to try out the new options in MrQ BoxText Ver.5.0

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:39 am

It was simpler than I originally thought. Clearly, I'm guilty of overthinking this. Funny that it was always a path oriented solution. Opening my file in Illustrator quickly made me realize that I was traveling down the wrong "path", so back into GIMP, and a little stacking later.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:27 am

Testing with any font types and any orientation.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:02 pm

I decided to sketch out what I thought Wilber looked like if he was front facing. I also made him a little creepy just to be different from the norm.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:45 pm

Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:05 pm

mahvin wrote:I decided to sketch out what I thought Wilber looked like if he was front facing. I also made him a little creepy just to be different from the norm.

[ Image ]

Nice Wilber!
I always like to see how others depict Wilber.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:00 am

#47 looks to me as if Wilber has gone over to the dark side and been bought out by they who shall not be named.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:53 am

Skinnyhouse wrote:#47 looks to me as if Wilber has gone over to the dark side and been bought out by they who shall not be named.

Years ago, my sister got me to play Runescape, and they had little characters called gimps, and they were little red things that looked like a devil. They were mischievous and would steal things from you and drop them on the ground away from you. I was thinking of them when I drew this.
Post a reply