Re: Experiments to approach Ulead Particle

Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:12 am

:paint

Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:13 am

:cool

Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:23 am

Thank you very much for sending your "Particle" filter to me. I had time only for one tonight, but I will certainly do more soon. I never saw or used the Ulead filter, so I have nothing with which to compare. I love this filter! Very easy to use, and each "particle" is on it's own layer, so I can move things around if I want. Gives a very nice clear picture. My two cats even nodded in agreement when I showed the results to them!

I know you do not plan on any additions of different particles to your script, and I am OK with that as it is your time and effort. (I don't think I will hear any one crying if you do make additions!)
Thank you again.
DN.Particles.cat.jpg
DN.Particles.cat.jpg (801.84 KiB) Viewed 867 times

Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:58 am

Pat, what a nice image with the little cat. :bigthup
I find it really nice playing with desaturation, too. Here my recent results. :cool

Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:58 am

:bigthup

Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:11 am

Made some changes to the process:
-included the option of having coloured particles over desaturated source (Issabella's experiments)
-verified that generated particles do not go totally outside outcome space
-applied a little reduction in the opacity at each particle generation (last ones=minor opacity)

Example:
2021-03-20 09-03-14abigail-loney-6BnkidRruuE-unsplash with a particles effect using Map Object (Sphere).jpeg
2021-03-20 09-03-14abigail-loney-6BnkidRruuE-unsplash with a particles effect using Map Object (Sphere).jpeg (790.01 KiB) Viewed 857 times

Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:27 am

:clap :clap :clap
I like it as it is currently :bigthup :coolthup

Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:28 am

:yes

Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:33 pm

Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:34 pm

:cool

Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:35 pm

Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:17 pm

I don't understand. Why post examples without posting the plugin? Is it not yet ready for prime-time? I actually like Erisian's example in post 17 best as it looks more realistic, but the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:22 pm

DN.Particles.Flower.Bee.jpg
DN.Particles.Flower.Bee.jpg (898.72 KiB) Viewed 745 times

DN.Particles.Lion.jpg
DN.Particles.Lion.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 745 times

Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:00 am

racer-x, Dinasset's filters have been doing this way for a long time, first, they are in experimentation and subject to change as there is something to correct. When there is no problem is when Diego emits them for all. There are people who want to participate in this rehearsal stage and that is why they are getting involved and they, like me, post in the forum our results. Everyone, like you, can comment on the results, but they are mainly focused on seeing if there is difficulty in photo sizes, if the filter is better in B&W, or any other detail that Diego can correct.
When the filter is already launched, it is when you can use it as you like. And you are right "but the beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:01 am

Pat, I like your results. Also I like you show them framed and they are really nice. :hi5 :)

Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:24 am

Thanks Pat, very nive results.

Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:34 am

racer-x wrote:I don't understand. Why post examples without posting the plugin? Is it not yet ready for prime-time? I actually like Erisian's example in post 17 best as it looks more realistic, but the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I guess that Issabella explained to you at best the two phases:
- experimental
- release of the filter
Anybody can participate to the experimental phase (in this case Issabella, Mackenzieh, Pat).
If you liked you could too.
About your preference:
- you don't need to wait this plug-in,
- you may simply use directly Gimp/Filters/Map/Map Object:
- - choose option sphere (transparent BG) with output on new layer
- - duplicate the obtained layer
- - scale it to something like 50%
- - move it around and below the first sphere
This is an example of what you can get:
SimpleMap.jpeg
SimpleMap.jpeg (3.26 MiB) Viewed 727 times

My filter tries to emulate an old Ulead plug-in, hence it's a bit more complex.

Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:24 am

My Good Morning.

2021-03-21 08-19-57beautiful-beauty-blue-bright-414612 with a particles effect using Map Object (Sphere)-mixed-framed.jpeg
2021-03-21 08-19-57beautiful-beauty-blue-bright-414612 with a particles effect using Map Object (Sphere)-mixed-framed.jpeg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 723 times

Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:17 am

Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:18 am

Post a reply