Switch to full style
Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

Re: Erisian's sketch book

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:37 pm

hence...a few years ago.

I know it's a first draft, I wanted only to point to a "proportional" aspect (IMO).

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:50 pm

dinasset wrote:hence...a few years ago.

:hehe I wish!

dinasset wrote:I know it's a first draft, I wanted only to point to a "proportional" aspect (IMO).

You are totally right. The distance from the eyes to the sides of the face is too much. :)

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:45 pm

Thanks Erisian for sharing your art. Your creations have always something very unique and that it is great!

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:13 pm

Nice use of pastels there Erisian! You've done a really good job with the values and colours in my opinion! How are you finding switching between digital and traditional media?

By the way if you wanted to improve your head construction, do a search for Reilly Head Abstraction and see what you think.

Keep it going my friend :).

Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:44 pm

Thank you Issabella and Artloader.

@Artloader - It has been hard going back to traditional media but fun in its own way. I should have asked for acrylics as pastels can be quite unforgiving when you make mistakes. Thanks for the heads up on Reilly. I'll look into that. :)

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:35 pm

Now that I am collecting brushes again, the quick sketches are coming again. :hehe

Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:31 am

Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:18 am

Erisian, :wvy
These fantastic characters, I would not like to meet them .... ;)

Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:18 pm

level_0 wrote:Erisian, :wvy
These fantastic characters, I would not like to meet them .... ;)

I wouldn't like to meet Boris Trump either but here he is. :hehe

Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:03 pm

Erisian - the image (and the names) says a lot. Whilst pondering your image and the political connection, I found its aggressive, open mouth characterisation actually reminded me of one of my Gollum series here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11798&hilit=gollum&start=10 (post #19).

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:49 am

oldmangrumpy wrote:Erisian - the image (and the names) says a lot. Whilst pondering your image and the political connection, I found its aggressive, open mouth characterisation actually reminded me of one of my Gollum series here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11798&hilit=gollum&start=10 (post #19).

I see what you mean. I hadn't seen that thread before. I like the one with the beer! :rofl

Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:04 am

Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:34 am

Both are very good sketches, but for my "sensitivity" the first one is "terrifying"; maybe it was exactly your goal to obtain this look (in this case: you got it! congrats).
Post a reply