Switch to full style
Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

Re: Free Painting Outcomes

Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:50 am

Authentic strokes effects. I like them, Dinasset. :bigthup
mahvin, thank you so much for your nice comment. It means much to me. Thanks.
Diego, thanks for your filter and comment, too. :tyspin

Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:02 am

Very nice outcomes, great portrait !

Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:26 am

Thank you so much, Dinasset.

Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:27 am

:paint

Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:23 pm

Wow, new masterpieces.
"Palace": you may print it and frame it, to put on one of your home walls. It is a painting, no doubt!

Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:28 am

The white house is on the hill beside Thomas Jefferson's Monticello. I've been told it was a favorite residence for law students. The picture was taken from a public park some distance away with a Mavica digital camera at full zoom, x20 if memory serves.

1046 20001129 04b REPAIRED, Landscape Preset 15 colours b.jpg
1046 20001129 04b REPAIRED, Landscape Preset 15 colours b.jpg (485.35 KiB) Viewed 11543 times

The "repair" was to eliminate the power lines, phone lines, whatever they were, which was done at various times in various ways in the last 20 years. The prep for the Free Painting, Landscape Preset, version was simply to lighten the image with a white layer on overlay mode with reduced opacity. A Soft Light mode is also effective for this.

I rarely used painting effects on my own digital photos before beginning to use GIMP a couple of years ago. Not to suggest the photos are somehow too good to deliberately distort (they certainly are not) I just didn't care for the look I usually got from the effects. Diego's plug-ins, especially the recent ones, have been different enough from what was previously available to me to completely change my mind. Feels like I've been waiting a long time for this. Very glad to have it available now.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:52 am

neurolurker wrote:The white house is on the hill beside Thomas Jefferson's Monticello. I've been told it was a favorite residence for law students. The picture was taken from a public park some distance away with a Mavica digital camera at full zoom, x20 if memory serves.

1046 20001129 04b REPAIRED, Landscape Preset 15 colours b.jpg

The "repair" was to eliminate the power lines, phone lines, whatever they were, which was done at various times in various ways in the last 20 years. The prep for the Free Painting, Landscape Preset, version was simply to lighten the image with a white layer on overlay mode with reduced opacity. A Soft Light mode is also effective for this.

I rarely used painting effects on my own digital photos before beginning to use GIMP a couple of years ago. Not to suggest the photos are somehow too good to deliberately distort (they certainly are not) I just didn't care for the look I usually got from the effects. Diego's plug-ins, especially the recent ones, have been different enough from what was previously available to me to completely change my mind. Feels like I've been waiting a long time for this. Very glad to have it available now.

I agree with your thinking on this. I've passed up all sorts of "painting" effects because they never really captured the true essence of what one would expect a painting to look like. Diego has outdone himself this time, and as soon as my school chores are done, I'm going to start giving his filters a good run.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:47 am

Many thanks Neurolurker and Mahvin for your very nice comments on my effort.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:31 am

Just one more, especially for oldmangrumpy.

FreePaint_Presets_Sidney.png
FreePaint_Presets_Sidney.png (1017.15 KiB) Viewed 11529 times

Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:38 am

I'm not the addressee, Ella, but I feel the urgency to post my opinion: a very nice and "credible" real painting; I hope you think the same.
Thanks for posting it.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:18 am

dinasset wrote:I'm not the addressee, Ella, but I feel the urgency to post my opinion: a very nice and "credible" real painting; I hope you think the same.
Thanks for posting it.

No, you weren't the addressee, Diego.
But I put the outcome in your thread, not in oldmangrumpy's ;)
I also thought it was a successful and credible result :paint

These are for you, Diego :D

FreePaint_Presets_Rome.png
FreePaint_Presets_Rome.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 11635 times

FreePainting_Presets_Rome-Colosseum.png
FreePainting_Presets_Rome-Colosseum.png (1.84 MiB) Viewed 11631 times

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:46 am

Thanks Ella !
Fantastic paintings of Roma !

Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:19 pm

Bravo to all for your superb outcomes. :clap

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:54 pm

:paint Enjoying this effect.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:18 pm

Issabella :wvy
Nice outcommes.I like very much the first. :clap
I would like to use this filter but I need to translate the tutorial and at the moment I don't have time.Image

Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:39 am

First default result (and original) - i will experiment more :)

Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:49 am

Issabella wrote::paint Enjoying this effect.

Excellent results, Issabella. :)

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:49 am

Yes, Issabella is like a professional tester. Always amazing results from her.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:11 am

Thanks my friends. I feel quite :oops:

Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:53 am

I love the portraits, Issabella :kpix
Although I notice the outcomes have been posted 2 years ago already :lol
Post a reply