Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:46 am

:cool

Re: Playing with my photos

Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:47 am

:bigthup

Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:54 am

Thought I would try to fake an HDR; halos are killing me. lol

Tried to mitigate some of the issues with haloing, but alas, I'm only human. Maybe someone will come up with an anti-halo AI to help me with this. lol

:)

Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:33 am

:clap Thanks Lyle.

Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:44 pm

Corncob Mosaic

Had to recreate how to make one of these (it's been a few years). lol

Been wanting to try for a while (believe it or not), but work got in the way; not this week though (since I took off). lol

My only question to you is, would you take a bite out of it. lol

:)

Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:45 am

:wow Lyle, it's:

IMHO the best mosaic I saw from you, even zoomed at 100% :jumpclap

Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:00 am

Patrice I completely agree with you. :hehe
Lyle :jumpclap More please. :coolthup :paint

Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:20 am

Thanks, Patrice/Issabella. Might try another one soon. Have to pick a good subject to do so, of course. Trick is to create the selection which I then use Mosaic Tile Helper to generate the paths and then stroke said paths with dots. I then feed those dots into G'MIC Skeletonize to create the actual tiles mask. Then use Blend (Shape Average) to colorize (under testing>lylejk; David saved this preset for me when he went another route which didn't do what I wanted). :)

Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:53 am

OK; smoothed out the tiles for Patrice. :)

Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:35 pm

This one's for Patrice. lol

Yes; bored on my staycation. :)

Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:50 am

lylejk wrote:Thanks, Patrice/Issabella. Might try another one soon. Have to pick a good subject to do so, of course. Trick is to create the selection which I then use Mosaic Tile Helper to generate the paths and then stroke said paths with dots. I then feed those dots into G'MIC Skeletonize to create the actual tiles mask. Then use Blend (Shape Average) to colorize (under testing>lylejk; David saved this preset for me when he went another route which didn't do what I wanted). :)

I don't understand :oops:
what selection?
what is "Mosaic Tile Helper"?
what dots?
Sorry if I look like a fool, I need a more step by step explanation, or may be it's a bit too :geek for me :mrgreen:

lylejk wrote:OK; smoothed out the tiles for Patrice. :)

Another great one, I love it :hi5

lylejk wrote:This one's for Patrice. lol

Thank you :tyspin
A different type of tiles, but yes! Excellent as well, it also shows a very good versatility of results with your method :clap :jumpclap

Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:54 am

Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:55 am

Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:56 am

Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:52 am

PixLab wrote:
lylejk wrote:Thanks, Patrice/Issabella. Might try another one soon. Have to pick a good subject to do so, of course. Trick is to create the selection which I then use Mosaic Tile Helper to generate the paths and then stroke said paths with dots. I then feed those dots into G'MIC Skeletonize to create the actual tiles mask. Then use Blend (Shape Average) to colorize (under testing>lylejk; David saved this preset for me when he went another route which didn't do what I wanted). :)

what selection?
what dots?
Sorry if I look like a fool, I need a more step by step explanation, or may be it's a bit too :geek for me :mrgreen:

A different type of tiles, but yes! Excellent as well, it also shows a very good versatility of results with your method :clap :jumpclap

Haven't seen RobA in a while; anyway, he posted a cool script-fu many years ago, Patrice. Need to read through his thread to understand how to use it. It requires a selection before running it. I use various ways to create the selection but lately, I've been using G'MIC's Convolve present and use the select by color GIMP tool to create the selection of the image I'm using. :)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2714&hilit=mosaic+tile+helper#p34988

Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:18 am

lylejk wrote:
PixLab wrote:

what selection?
what dots?

Haven't seen RobA in a while; anyway, he posted a cool script-fu many years ago, Patrice. Need to read through his thread to understand how to use it. It requires a selection before running it. I use various ways to create the selection but lately, I've been using G'MIC's Convolve present and use the select by color GIMP tool to create the selection of the image I'm using. :)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2714&hilit=mosaic+tile+helper#p34988

Thank you so much Lyle!
Now I have hope :yes I'm gonna to study that :bigthup
Again :tyspin

Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:29 am

I have not forgotten this thread! I am in Greece with my small travelling laptop and a slow wifi connection. (Earthquake proof buildings have a lot of steel which blocks the signal.)

The experiment with contrast masks within luminosity masks.

IMG_7661. Scaled 50% width & height.

IMG_7661.JPG
IMG_7661.JPG (1.21 MiB) Viewed 1224 times

Here is the Layers Pallette, where Lum 1 copy has been desaturated, inverted and a small amount of Gaussian blur added. The mode has been changed to soft-light. This reduces contrast in the darkest parts.
Lum 4 copy, desaturated and changed to soft-light mode to increase the contrast in part of the sky and the sea.

layers_pallette.png
layers_pallette.png (33.14 KiB) Viewed 1224 times

IMG_7661_1 is the result. This is an experiment and I need other people to tell me if this could be a useful technique!

Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:12 pm

Happy vacation David! :clap :hi5
About your contrast Mask in luminosity masks seem to work perfect. I see the result really nice and balanced. :jumpclap

Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:13 pm

Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:14 pm

Post a reply