Switch to full style
Post all your Gimp artwork and designs here
Post a reply

Re: Time for something a bit different

Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:49 pm

oldmangrumpy wrote:Pat625 - good to see you being so productive (and in so many threads) :clap

Introducing Wallaysha, ruler of the purple (and a bit green too) planet - probably should have put this in my 'inspired by Wallace' thread :hehe

:rofl

Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:50 pm

I'm off travelling for a week, so here are a couple of 'a bit different' images before I go - I downloaded about 100 gradients today from GC and these are variations on a 'blue metallic' theme'.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:44 pm

Well, perhaps not really different, but another robot from planet Metallicus -

... and something I call Abstract Dream ( :) ) -

Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:12 am

Your creativity still astounds me!

Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Wilbur Poster.png
Wilbur Poster.png (629.59 KiB) Viewed 15429 times

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:47 pm

Just for play. I am not as adept as OMG at making robots. This one is useless. Does not provide any service but companionship. Annoying. .companionship. If you are not busily working, it will drive you crazy with senseless jokes. That thing on the head recharges it. No. . .sadly there is no off switch.
Useless Robot.jpg
Useless Robot.jpg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 15423 times

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:22 am

I like your results a lot, OMG and Pat. Very creative and imaginative, too. Thanks for sharing your results, hopefully they may wake up my mind now in low. :hehe :paint

Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:50 pm

Nice results Pat - at least somebody is firing :)

I am (like Issabella?) really struggling for inspiration right now and cannot come up with any ideas. However, here are a couple just to show there is still some life in this old guy yet ...

Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:19 pm

Love your collage of glass patterns, OMG. I see that you still like to play with paths.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:03 pm

Pat - thank you; actually whilst they look like glass they are made from Wallace's 'limestone' e-maps.

In the 'carve some wood' thread I used an art deco pattern, so here is something else based on an art deco image I saw on the net ...

Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:48 pm

OMG: I like that. The reflection in the water sets it off nicely.

Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:44 pm

Pat - thank you very much. I have just made an art deco pattern using paths (took me forever :roll: ) and then played with it using various GIMP/GMIC filters and the Three Bars Sin gradient. Thought I would post some outcomes but I still yet need to make the pattern seamless.
\Image

... then it turnd into a monster ...

Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:46 pm

Looks great! Love the detail in the textures!

Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:52 pm

Fencepost - well thank you; those comments coming from someone with your reputtation/presence in this forum make me feel very good :)

Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:11 pm

I love your textures and patterns, OMG. For a monster, he has excellent dental work. I wonder who his dentist is.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:09 pm

oldmangrumpy wrote:Fencepost - well thank you; those comments coming from someone with your reputtation/presence in this forum make me feel very good :)

Thanks. While I appreciate the sentiments, I'm really nobody special. Just a regular guy who enjoys sharing what he's learned and likes watching real artists work! :)

Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:00 am

Got the art deco pattern finished (close to seamless :( ) and played with it some more -

Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:18 am

Those are very nice OMG! Love the pattern, and very Art Deco!

Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:51 pm

Sailing at Sunset.jpg
Sailing at Sunset.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 15233 times
Was not sure where to post this one as it is a bit of a combination. OK to move it if necessary. Just practicing!

Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:46 am

A by product from the chisel or carve scripts I am writing - just an amazing and so flexible filter -

... and just had to put some glass in it as I was suffering withdrawl symptoms ;)
Post a reply