It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: On giving and taking critique
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:47 pm  (#41) 
GimpChat Member

I'm very old, so I'm in sync with your dad, PM.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 9:15 am  (#42) 
GimpChat Member

Even though the last post in this section was long long ago i would like to add a little comment

I am new to this forum and have been impressed not only with the artwork and expertise but also with the outstanding level of respect and courtesy that is shown between members.

As I am very much the amateur with little Photoshop Elements experience to bring with me to the world of GIMP - I am finally putting in more time to learn GIMP better. There is so much to learn and so many questions to ask yet i try not to ask until i try to fond some answers on my own. Some have directed me to the tutorials and i am working through whatever i can. Sometimes it is a general hint to try a tool or filter to experiment with.

But everyone who has responded to me has been polite and respectful and honest. That goes a long way in my book.

So even though i am "new" here - i wanted to say thank you to those who helped me so far and those who will in the future. It is greatly appreciated.

(LeftyLeo/James)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:32 pm  (#43) 
GimpChat Member

Welcome to GIMPChat, LeftyLeo; once you do get familiar with the GIMP, I highly recommend you add G'MIC to your lest of external plugins. With G'MIC, you'll have a toolkit that, arguably, makes GIMP better than Photoshop (have to trust me on that). Around a year ago, someone even ported an 8bf of G'MIC so even PS (and any other plugin that can run PS plugins) can sort of enjoy G'MIC, but the GIMP plugin version is much better, especially when you have to use multiple layers. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:27 am  (#44) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:
Welcome to GIMPChat, LeftyLeo; once you do get familiar with the GIMP, I highly recommend you add G'MIC to your lest of external plugins. With G'MIC, you'll have a toolkit that, arguably, makes GIMP better than Photoshop (have to trust me on that). Around a year ago, someone even ported an 8bf of G'MIC so even PS (and any other plugin that can run PS plugins) can sort of enjoy G'MIC, but the GIMP plugin version is much better, especially when you have to use multiple layers. :)

Hi Lyle
Waking up a necropost? (sorry if I'm laughing :hehe because I did it many times as well :rofl )
leftyleo/James is a long standing member with great participation in topic created (for example) by Diego/dinasset or Issabella or topics like "Different Effects Gimp Text (Show us yours using gimp)", etc... He also has G'MIC with GIMP :bigthup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:03 am  (#45) 
GimpChat Member

Hello Lyle and Patrice
I have not been on in quite a while and miss everyone and the great things that are created.
I need to get back on here
--lately i was working on a wifi project to let me know when my clothes drier is done since i cant here it from the cellar. LOL - it works well thogh different than envisioned, but isnt that always the way ?.

Thanks for remembering me !

(LeftyLeo/James)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:31 am  (#46) 
GimpChat Member

leftyleo wrote:
Hello Lyle and Patrice
I have not been on in quite a while and miss everyone and the great things that are created.
I need to get back on here
--lately i was working on a wifi project to let me know when my clothes drier is done since i cant here it from the cellar. LOL - it works well thogh different than envisioned, but isnt that always the way ?.

Thanks for remembering me !

Nice to see you back James :bigthup

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:57 am  (#47) 
GimpChat Member

Not sure why it came up as recent when I replied. Strange. Still glad to see leftyleo's still around. lol

:)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:58 am  (#48) 
GimpChat Member

Just one comment more.
Why?
Because there definitely too few persons who comment posts, really really too few.
I might guess there is too much fear to offend or too much laziness to spend time in commenting.
My two pence:
- for those who feel themselves in the first category: not criticizing is worst than criticizing, which -except rare cases- is always useful.
- for those who feel themselves in the second category (including myself): not commenting is worst than remaining silent, because -in general- who posts some piece of "art" is very much prone to evaluate any critics or suggestion to improve her/his activity in the future.