It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rose doodle (testing out a new mouse)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:27 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

My mother bought me a new mouse, and it's a wireless mouse. It was a cheapy but as long as it works at all I'm happy. And I know a lot of people hate wireless mice but in my case it's a good thing. It seems wires get in knots and ripped up magically just because I went near them. I don't know if it's a curse or what but no wires is a good thing! :lol

Anyways, I wanted to properly tests out the mouse so I did a little doodle sketch thingy. It took me about an hour which is longer than I had planned. - Just GIMP.

~ God Bless ~

~ Moko

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Rose doodle (testing out a new mouse)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:30 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

I like my wireless lazer mouse Moko; Suppose to last a year on a single set of batteries but I've been averaging around 8 months. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:20 pm  (#3) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
I'v used 2 wireless Microsoft mice and both have failed in one way or another. They were both expensive, (about $60 each) when compared to other wireless mice.
The batteries have always seem to fail for me, at the worse possible moment.

I now use the Logitech M500 Corded Mouse. :bigthup

Here's a shot of all three mice together on my mouse pad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:54 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

I have a wireless mouse. They aren’t as responsive as a wired one but I use the laptop on a portable table attached to the wheelchair, so wires get in the way, especially as I use a wireless? internet dongle which I have to use tethered as it's signal is woeful.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:11 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Yeah I know people don't recommend wireless mice. But trust me how I use my mice they end up wireless anyway. :lol I don't know what happens I'm just using the mouse then it decides to knot up and make me look bad!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:30 pm  (#6) 
Script Coder

I had two Logitech Anywhere MX. Very nice, but pricey and will eat a pair of AA batteries every month. A hefty price to pay for their ability to work on glass. The left button dies in about a year, before the warranty expires (which is why I had two of them :)) I now have a Logitech M705, which is about the same, doesn't work on glass, but eats a pair of AA batteries per year (in theory, closer to 8 months also for me).

Do not, under any circumstances, fall for a Logitech M560. It is "designed" for Windows, and it really only works for under Windows 8. They decided that instead of emitting mouse button events (that can be remapped to anything in the PC software) some buttons emit keyboard sequences that cannot be remapped and only have a meaning in Win8.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:15 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks for the warning,Ofnuts. I have a Microsoft Wireless 1000 mouse and a keyboard that came together. I actually bought it for the usb keyboard as the keyboard on my laptop does strange things like giving you a gratuitous 9 when you hit the colon key and activating the menu when you hit the nine key. If I use the numlock and activate the keypad the screenshooter starts. None of this happens with the wireless keyboard.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:29 am  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

Rose came out looking pretty good!

I have a wireless Logitech M510 that I'm happy with. I stopped buying wired mice after Euclid (the cat in my user icon) chewed through the cord.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:39 am  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

Trust me folks; get the Logitech M705. They somehow figured out how to make batteries like last a heck of a long time. I've had lazer mice in the past that would last around 2 months tops before battery died. the M705 lasts at least 5 times longer (close enough anyway). They did say up to 3 years on their site; that's being a way bit too liberal. lol

Still, I got over 8 months before I put new batteries in it in March. As much as I use the mouse, I'm still pretty stoked. It's a lazer mouse too so very accurate when needed and does work on quite a lot of surfaces though I do like using it on a mousepad that my Dad got me a few years back. :)

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/m ... mouse-m705

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:57 am  (#10) 
Global Moderator

Very nice doodle Moko.
I have used a wireless mouse and didn't like it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:02 am  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

Hey that's a nice looking rose doodle Mokonafan!
Interesting that you use a mouse, I had imagined that most people on here use graphics tablets. I'm in the process of transitioning to a graphics tablet, it's taking a bit of getting used to.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:12 am  (#12) 
GimpChat Member

I had a wireless optical mouse by Microsoft once and it was beautiful to use. I had no problems with it at all. Yours doesn't seem to be hindering your talent either Moko, that's a lovely rose. I did notice though, that on most of the leaves on the side of the stem, the shadow is on the left but there is one leaf along the side of the stem where the shadow is on the right.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:02 pm  (#13) 
GimpChat Member

Artloader wrote:
Hey that's a nice looking rose doodle Mokonafan!
Interesting that you use a mouse, I had imagined that most people on here use graphics tablets. I'm in the process of transitioning to a graphics tablet, it's taking a bit of getting used to.

I've been using a mouse for about 3 or 4 years, at first it was a bit hard but it got easier.
I used to use a tablet though.

:tyspin

Erisian wrote:
I had a wireless optical mouse by Microsoft once and it was beautiful to use. I had no problems with it at all. Yours doesn't seem to be hindering your talent either Moko, that's a lovely rose. I did notice though, that on most of the leaves on the side of the stem, the shadow is on the left but there is one leaf along the side of the stem where the shadow is on the right.

I guess I got confused for a moment. xD

merrak wrote:
Rose came out looking pretty good!

I have a wireless Logitech M510 that I'm happy with. I stopped buying wired mice after Euclid (the cat in my user icon) chewed through the cord.

Omd, Bad Kitty! D: