It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The ties that bind
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:03 am  (#1) 

It is not all that often that I do a series of images that are all 'connected' via a common thread.
This set of three though was done with a lovely young dancer who I felt would bring some feeling and emotion to them.

They are a bit dark, that is the intention, and I will try give a rough run down of the processing applied to each.

"The Controller" aka The ties that bind.
It was a very easy photo to take, the threads are real. The ground below her was stretched a bit, and the threads lengthened.
G'mic and the Vine brush helped create the 'flyaway' bits at the bottom of her dress, and a couple of vignetted stock images were used to create the background look and feel which would be common to all the images in the series.

"Control Lost"
Again a very simple image to shoot, and again the ground below her was stretched, and her dress lengthened to cover her shoes. Slightly different flyaway technique (Because i really don't know what I'm doing)

"Controlled"
This image was tougher to set up, and photograph, and the editing a bit different. Most the work was in cleaning up the threads piercing her back, and making fairly realistic skin "pulls"

I think they came out ok, not perfect, but pretty much what I had in mind. :)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: The ties that bind
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:07 am  (#2) 
Global Moderator

Wow, they are beautiful.

Post subject: Re: The ties that bind
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:41 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Very realistic, albiet a bit creepy.