It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:25 pm

Latest GIMP Scripts & Plug-ins

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WIP Art Deco/80s design
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:58 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

This was a thing I was working on for the last few days. An attempt to blend Art Deco and 80s influenced aesthetics. I'd like to believe I am almost finished but I still have to add some finishing touches and i'm considering centering the towers and the logo (and finding some public domain art deco patterns)

Fonts used are Herald Square and Copasetic NF Bold. Towers were inspired by the ones seen at a Chicago's World Fair poster, the Top and Bottom patterns were based off Geometric patterns like in the Great Gastby (and the texture for them is from http://myfreetextures.com/) and the "Cosmos" text is in a font I wanted to be distinctly Art Deco. The 80s element come in the other font, space background, "floor" and the text above the Cosmos text (and the Penrose triangle).

I want to hear your opinions on this so far

Last edited by Hesperius on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: WIP Art Deco/80s design
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:12 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

The bottom fence blends too much with the glowing floor in my opinion.
Maybe it could be dark? In a way that this side would be shadowed. Or both fences 1-colored?
I like the impossible triangle :bigthup

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:03 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Nidhogg wrote:
The bottom fence blends too much with the glowing floor in my opinion.
Maybe it could be dark? In a way that this side would be shadowed. Or both fences 1-colored?
I like the impossible triangle :bigthup

I'll see what I can do about the bottom frame. It should be a bit easy as they are technically one colored anyway :P

Speaking which I'll considering removing the gradient overlay for a pure gold foil effect as well.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:11 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

If double posting is okay I have an update on this

Some details were changed/redone due to a result of scaling ruining the layers (lets just say I don't trust Cubic to keep the quality while scaling). I am currently deliberating what to add to the middle of the Penrose triangle, if I should keep the bottom "fence" and how I can add the sparkles around the metal text. (and I found a more fitting background for the retrowave aspect from pixabay)

The extra blue and green on the bottom pattern was unintentional and will be fixed, for those wondering.