It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Karaan
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:04 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

For background, please see:-

http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6860&hilit=daemon+warrior#p86340
http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7002&hilit=sharadil#p88542

It was years since Loga the Daemon Warrior made the perilous journey to Bloodwood Forest on her crazy mission to save an abandoned drow child from certain death. Any Daemon caught within ten miles of Bloodwood was instantly killed by the elves who lived there. The child's new Dark Elf parents had named her Sharadil and brought her up with much love and intelligence and if there was any trace of drow evil in her, it was reserved for cheekily teasing the boys and showing that she could easily compete with them. Her favourite trick was to pull their chairs out from under them when they were about to sit down. One of the boys she teased, Karaan, had a soft spot for her and they soon became best friends. Such good friends in fact that friends and family both speculated a future romance between the couple.

Painted with the laptop's touchpad.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Karaan
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:36 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Wonderful! How did you do that on a touch pad?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:06 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Erisian: That's awesome, finally we get another piece of Loga's and Sharadil's story! I really like Karaan's face, he looks like he has a sense of humour.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:57 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Nice play with light here and the monochrome makes this quite evocative! The lighting of these images is interesting but it makes me wonder what the light source is; the highlights feel dim to me so the light source would be something like a candle behind a thin green cloth screen or something like that?

Some feedback: I know the right eye can certainly appear like that light-wise. But I would still have preferred introducing some more ambient light here so as to light the right eye more, or at least show a touch of curvature to the right eye's lobe - because I can't escape the impression that the right eye socket looks empty. :)

Good job with this, despite having a neutral expression it does appear to have a touch of mirth to him.
Griatch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:28 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Oh snap! A laptop touchpad??! :O
Great job! I like the colors! If I was to be picky on anything, she looks a little cross-eye'd. But that's probably just me!