It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Instagram Logo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:15 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Here's an instagram logo I created. I followed this tutorial to achieve the logo

The video I followed is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq0R_45ZkPE

Attachments:
instagramlogo.png
instagramlogo.png [ 1.38 MiB | Viewed 2036 times ]
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Instagram Logo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:20 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Very nice! The colors are amazing.
I think if the background was not pure black but a lighter/saturated color it would make the logo blend in better with the bg.

I wonder if there could be a way to create these shapes in GIMP while still keeping them as svg, kinda like the shapes tool on Ps. These kinds of creations would be so much easier to do if we could keep editing the shapes while still having them as vectors.

Post subject: Re: Instagram Logo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:30 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Dionísio wrote:
Very nice! The colors are amazing.
I think if the background was not pure black but a lighter/saturated color it would make the logo blend in better with the bg.

I wonder if there could be a way to create these shapes in GIMP while still keeping them as svg, kinda like the shapes tool on Ps. These kinds of creations would be so much easier to do if we could keep editing the shapes while still having them as vectors.

Thanks! I tried to do the tutorial exactly but in some spots I had to improvise. I don't know if svg files work with gimp but I could see your suggestion working. I wasn't too fond of the background either. The background was a black/white gradient, not pure black.