It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The hunt is on
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:53 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Wallace suggested an Easter egg hunt in one of my detailed deep dreamed images, so here it is. Two "eggs" (wanted more, but I've had a bad migraine for a couple of days), one very easy to find, the other hopefully a bit less easy. And I post it under "Gimp Art" since I've really had to gimp it hard, both before and after running it through the Deep Dream generator, so it counts, okay?

Oh, I almost forgot: When you've found the Easter eggs, you can brag about it in a post, but please don't tell anyone where they are - I'll reveal it on Tuesday so anyone who wants to hunt gets a chance.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: The hunt is on
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:26 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Yay I found them. :yes One of them was difficult but once you see it you can't un-see it. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:51 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

I'm not a fun of "hunts", so I do not partecipate.
Just wanted to say that I found your creation a very nice "abstract decoration" (not "abstract art" because the composition is realistically well described). Great!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:30 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

AnMal, your creations are really superb! you have so much talent in a very nice personal art. :jumpclap :paint

Gimp 2.10.30(samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:58 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Thats very clever. I found one easily but not the other.
BTW. Migraines - have your thyroid function tested.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:44 am  (#6) 
Global Moderator

Think I will come back Tuesday and see if I was right/half right

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:53 am  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

Nice creation AnMal, found Easter eggs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:00 am  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

Erisian: Thank you for doing your duty as official head of the Gimp Chat Easter egg hunt - but of course you had no choice, it was by the power of Greyskull... :hehe
Dinasset: Thank you :) And no worries, you should only do the hunting if it's fun of course!
Issabella: Thank you, but you're making me blush now!
Tas_mania: Thank you! Hmm, I'm in two minds about that difficult one, should I make it easier or not? Also, do you have migraines yourself? I didn't know there could be a connection to thyroid function, but for other reasons I've been tested for both type thyroid problems and it looks normal. Ah the things you learn on GC! :hehe
Sallyanne: Thank you for taking part :)! I'm sure you were right.
Nidhogg: :clap Well done, fellow viking, and thanks for taking part!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:22 pm  (#9) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
Well done AnMal!
:jumpclap
I think I found both hidden objects.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:51 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

Wallace: :jumpclap Well done and thank you, brother! This was fun, I hope other people make Easter egg hunts too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:28 am  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

Quote:
Thank you! Hmm, I'm in two minds about that difficult one, should I make it easier or not? Also, do you have migraines yourself? I didn't know there could be a connection to thyroid function

Too late to change the art now. I don't suffer from migraines, evolution seemed to give me a strong head. I know thyroid problems can cause migraines. Something with the pituitary gland or pineal gland can be the cause - I'm no MD so should stick to what I know.

I like the easter eggs as a marketing idea. Tuesday gets here a day earlier than the EU so I have to wait until Wednesday. Luckily there are other things in my life :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:50 am  (#12) 
GimpChat Member

Okay, it's Tuesday and I promised to post the reveal, so here it is!

The easy one was of course Wilber (with the bell pepper in his mouth) on the portrait, and the less easy one was the infamous bell pepper brush itself. That brush is something all gimpers know well and over the years probably the thing that has made most new users go: "But WHY??!" If you're an old member of GC you may know that we have a nice animated alternately coloured bell pepper brush to complement the original: Epic bell pepper moment.
Now it's someone else's turn to hide the Easter eggs! Come on people, you know you want to give this a try!

Tas_Mania: I actually looked into it after your post, and decided to take it up on my upcoming Doctor's appointment, see if they think I need to re-test. Gimp Chat - where information meets hypochondria :hehe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:21 am  (#13) 

Hi

I'm a total beginner.

Is it possible to get an explanation of how to find these eggs

step by step

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:31 am  (#14) 
Global Moderator

AnMal wrote:
Okay, it's Tuesday and I promised to post the reveal, so here it is!

The easy one was of course Wilber (with the bell pepper in his mouth) on the portrait, and the less easy one was the infamous bell pepper brush itself. That brush is something all gimpers know well and over the years probably the thing that has made most new users go: "But WHY??!" If you're an old member of GC you may know that we have a nice animated alternately coloured bell pepper brush to complement the original: Epic bell pepper moment.

I did find them :jumpclap

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:47 am  (#15) 
GimpChat Member

The green pepper blends perfectly with rest of the image, but if you've played enough with the default brush set you can't miss it.
Would be nice if this continued, might by hard to come up with many Gimp related Easter eggs though.
Thanks for the Bell Pepper link AnMal didn't have that, and of course your beautiful art.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:12 am  (#16) 
GimpChat Member

Looks fantastic AnMal. Just wish you could run DeepDream on your own PC instead of waiting for a result, but the wait's usually worth it, but, as you mentioned, you still have to do a lot of pre and post processing but that's the fun of it, too. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:10 pm  (#17) 
GimpChat Member

Wolfram4215: I'm not sure I understand you, or if maybe you misunderstand the thread? It's just images hidden in another image for people to find, just for the fun of it.
Sallyanne: :clap I thought you would :).
Nidhogg: Other Gimp related Easter eggs may be hard to come up with, but what about Gimp Chat related ones? Or just general interest ones? They do it in movies and computer games all the time, so it shoudn't be that hard. And of course it would be up to the Easter egg hider (would that be the Easter bunny? Have I been doubling as a rabbit without even thinking of it?!) if they wanted to give clues or not.
Lylejk: Thank you! Yep, without all the gimp work deep dream wouldn't be as much fun.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:00 am  (#18) 
GimpChat Member

AnMal wrote:
Nidhogg: Other Gimp related Easter eggs may be hard to come up with, but what about Gimp Chat related ones? Or just general interest ones? They do it in movies and computer games all the time, so it shoudn't be that hard. And of course it would be up to the Easter egg hider (would that be the Easter bunny? Have I been doubling as a rabbit without even thinking of it?!) if they wanted to give clues or not.

Yep, I used to be quite hardcore gamer and we always were searching for Easter eggs after finishing the main story.
It sounds like a good topic idea. Easter egg does not necessarily require any hints so the funny Easter bunny could just post the picture and hide in the rabbit hole, until right answer is given.