It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Apologies To Edward Hopper
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:03 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Attribution: https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=25899486

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: My Apologies To Edward Hopper
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:25 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Tas-mania, I followed along in bits and pieces to a very interesting article. Were you there first or is God winking again?

My apologies to you for oversharing with this late personal followup note: You were right about me the first time. I'm not a "health professional." I've worked in as a ward clerk -- 40 years back when everything was pencil & paper and translating physician's notes and orders for the nursing, pharmacy, billing, medical records and other support staff was training in cryptography and male ward clerks were as rare as male nurses. More recently, say the last 20 years, I worked in an athletic-related medical clinic basically helping to drag it kicking and screaming into the new digital world of the 1980s. My first day there the person I was replacing handed me a steno pad. So, in truth, I was only a health peripheral. (Although, now retired and only a medical patient visiting my own doctor, I really do have my own medical student.)

Post subject: Re: My Apologies To Edward Hopper
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:40 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

That's OK neuro. A cool thing about Gimp Chat is you can edit anything you put down. I will probably do that on another thread. It just leaves an 'edited' tag. Nothing wrong with being compassionate anyway.

I really don't have any qualifications myself. I ran a computer business before retiring but you don't need a degree for that.

There is an interesting effect on the net I discovered that I call 'strobing'. You publish something you would like people to see and then 'disappear' it after a few days.

These really are difficult times. It's going to be hard to go back and yet thats what they are demanding. Back to the mass extinction we are supposed to celebrate? With the reduction in air traffic our climate has already started to recover. Better hush that one up eh?

Actually forgot to put 50 cents below the bat soup.
Here's a cartoon from where I live - a fortress within a fortress guarded by people who want to get back to normal urgently.