It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Giiving my gimp resources
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:35 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Hi, I'm Fernando and I live in Brazil, so, I'm giving for someone who wants to continue the project of my gimp website, it's in portuguese but you can translate easy with wordpress plugins, or if you know someone that knows speak portuguese and want to continue with the project, please let me know.
I put the content in a wordpress subdomain address, so you can easily buy a domain or use as it is. THe content includes, pdf guide, 50 brushes pack and a infographic guide about the tools and shortcuts. It has 30 videos and 30 articles. It already have a youtube channel named gimp tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ1RLjiEA4DELiwzGVvmDAQ
If anyone are interested, please let me know. I can give a hand in the first months to help putting more content and helping with SEO. https://www.comousarogimp.wordpress.com

My contact:
kfernandojosei@gmail.com
http://www.tutoriaisedicas.live

Last edited by fjkp123 on Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Selling my gimp website project
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:54 am  (#2) 
Global Moderator

Your blog has connection errors, and gets flagged for security risks, which is NOT a good sign when you're trying to pass on a GIMP related project. In addition, the tutorial site you have listed under your contact is yet another flag (an email would suffice).

The thing with GIMP is that even though the license permits anyone to use or sell it, a majority of the people who associate with GIMP, coders and users alike, do so without charge. So, as much as anyone would like to make money off of GIMP related projects, the likelihood of being able to "sell" your project on a GIMP related chat forum is next to zero. The project, however, has a better chance of continuing if anyone is interested in the source material, and there is no monetary investment required. It's just the reality of the times, nothing personal in regards to you or your project. You're looking at an "OPEN SOURCE" environment where no money exchanges hands.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:32 pm  (#3) 
Script Coder

Your site is not even ranked on Alexa (so likely ranked worse that 10millionth, so maybe you shouldn't help with SEO :)). Sites like gimpchat.com or gimp-forum.net, with an Alexa ranking in the mid-300K are worth $2K-$20K depending in who you ask. As you say your site name isn't very re-usable, so I would suggest to monetize the YT channel but with two subscribers it won't go very far....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:14 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

That's is true, thanks for the help Mahlvim and script coder, Thanks for the comments it really open some perspective. I will see what I will do instead!

Post subject: Re: Giiving my gimp resources
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:48 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

I changed now I'm giving the content, if anyone are interested, please let me know, better if the person speaks portuguese. Thank you all.

Post subject: Re: Giiving my gimp resources
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:59 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

I also have a loops and samples website that I'm giving the content no charges, if anyone likes create audio, it could be interesting too, you can check it here, http://www.loopsamples.club the domain is new too, I try to give my soundcloud and others audio sites, too, I upload yesterday the content. If anyone are intersted please let me know. Thanks.