It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ball of Trolls
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:55 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

(click for DA version)

In his great hall under the mountain, the troll king would his ball - and trolls, giants and strange folk from far and wide came to attend the shindig.

An image in my ... of Trolls series, depicting the Scandinavian troll as it was sometimes depicted in stories - not as a monster but as ever-existing, strange neighbors to human civilization. I have depicted this particular troll girl in many images before too. :)
Griatch

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Ball of Trolls
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:48 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

She's lot sweeter than the Jotunheim skogtrolls I hang out with on the weekends.
I like the smirky smile, and the dress is nice.

Post subject: Re: Ball of Trolls
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:12 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Nidhogg wrote:
She's lot sweeter than the Jotunheim skogtrolls I hang out with on the weekends.
I like the smirky smile, and the dress is nice.

Yeah, mostly trolls are depicted a lot more monstrous than this. :mrgreen: She's very tall though, as seen in other images.

I've mostly heard Jötunheim's inhabitants being referred to as 'giants', but there was a lot of 'knytt' in Jötun and the depiction of trolls and giants are often interchangeable anyway ;) Either way they were indeed usually not very friendly and certainly didn't dress up like this unless they had some mischief going against the Asair.

Thanks for the comment! That dress was a lot of work. :D
Griatch