It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Griatch's Witch's Friend
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 4:41 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I went through some Griatch's images, got inspired and wanted to make a friend for his recurring character. This witch is clumsier and less competent, but makes up with sunny personality!

Pencil sketch, Karbon for "inking"/linework, Gimp 2.10 for color. Now I think I'm getting hang of this new Gimp version...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Griatch's Witch's Friend
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:09 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

kimppi wrote:
[ Image ]

I went through some Griatch's images, got inspired and wanted to make a friend for his recurring character. This witch is clumsier and less competent, but makes up with sunny personality!

Pencil sketch, Karbon for "inking"/linework, Gimp 2.10 for color. Now I think I'm getting hang of this new Gimp version...

Haha, that's great! She looks sweet and that's a very creative outfit too. I like your clean lines and good anatomy here. Nice touch to have her hands pulled up in her sleeves like that (it conveys personality and is also a nice way to avoid having to drawing hands, but I'm sure the latter of course is purely coincidental :mrgreen:).

I have several recurring characters, but since you mention this one contrasts with a sunny personality, I suppose you mean the ever grim Unknown Girl from Where Red Apples Lie?

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:33 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

(Sorry, couldn't answer earlier, work is so hectic now)

I think I thought that bookshop wizard/witch character. Btw, I don't have any more "hand problems", sleeve thing was just trying to be cute... :D

Anyway. Thanks for comments!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 2:44 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

I see. The bookshop wizard is not a recurring character (first time I painted her), which is what confused me. :) Yeah, yours would be a fun friend (messing up the book-buying by tipping things over, for sure). :mrgreen:

Quote:
Btw, I don't have any more "hand problems", sleeve thing was just trying to be cute...

Fair enough! And it worked too. :)
Griatch

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 4:29 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

The Tree of Life contribution you made earlier was real nice..can I say this is better?
With your skills, I'd be doing fantasy comic strips all the day, love that simple outline work.
Looking forward for your next piece/hottie!