It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Problem Solved Math Map 32 bit vs GMIC 64 bit
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:22 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I would like to share as people here have been so very helpful that my GIMP 2.8.22 64 bit problem was math map. After removing it, long story short, GMIC 1.79 64 bit is working again. I am not sure, being the 32 bit exe math map file and the 64 bit GMIC file are both placed in the plug ins folder are incomparable, I have this version of GIMP on one lap top, and 32 bit GIMP 2.6 and 64 bit 2.10 on another and they were both working fine on the same machine, but may be I better check my GMIC on my 2.10. If anyone has any ideas or comments feel free to express. I am learning.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Problem Solved Math Map 32 bit vs GMIC 64 bit
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:05 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

To alleviate your headaches; When you have big plugins that are accompanied by a few ".dll" files (some interact with other .dll files from other plugins) you need to create a specific sub-folder for that plugin in the plugins folder.

After you create that sub-folder, you need to create a path (directory) in GIMP preferences, so gimp will open that sub-folder when you start GIMP.