It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Slow Change Kaleidoscope
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:29 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Slow Change Kaleidoscope
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:38 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Personally I prefer your when you play with images (smudging, merging) than when you create new ones from scratch, nevertheless I should admit a really good choice of the colours mix here.
I would change the frame, IMHO not suitable.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:03 am  (#3) 
Global Moderator

Inspiring!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:30 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

dinasset wrote:
Personally I prefer your when you play with images (smudging, merging) than when you create new ones from scratch, nevertheless I should admit a really good choice of the colours mix here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer me feedback. I can easily remove the frame.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:33 am  (#5) 
Global Moderator

AngelaHanley wrote:
dinasset wrote:

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer me feedback. I can easily remove the frame.

When Diego offers insight, it often creates curiosity for testing. Griatch is probably one of the best artists that can take feedback and improve upon his work. So if anyone does offer you suggestions, it just means they have a good eye for that sort of thing and most likely will help you have a better outcome.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:16 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

AngelaHanley wrote:
dinasset wrote:

I wouldn't. I like the frame. People should be careful not to give creative advice based solely upon personal taste.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:33 am  (#7) 
Global Moderator

Erisian wrote:
AngelaHanley wrote:
dinasset wrote:

I wouldn't. I like the frame. People should be careful not to give creative advice based solely upon personal taste.

Yes, advice is just advice. No one should change something just because someone else doesn't like it. To me, it's more of a challenge to see if stepping outside of your normal comforts could lead you to new and wild outcomes. It's happened to me quite often by my students' critique. I never personalized their comments, and that is the key to my earlier comment. Like Bob Ross always said, Happy Accidents.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:15 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

mahvin wrote:
AngelaHanley wrote:
dinasset wrote:

When Diego offers insight, it often creates curiosity for testing. Griatch is probably one of the best artists that can take feedback and improve upon his work. So if anyone does offer you suggestions, it just means they have a good eye for that sort of thing and most likely will help you have a better outcome.

Well that's why I'm here. To become a GIMP artist and get help to improve my skills. I appreciate and welcome feedback.