It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wires and wire effects
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:15 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I will have a tutorial up for this soon. I will show you how to create this...

Then i will show you how to use different brushes and the eraser tool with a path to create this effect and more. :)

Stay tuned!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Wires and wire effects
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:25 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Cool, looking forward to it!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:53 am  (#3) 
Global Moderator

Very nice Rod.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:35 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

that is very cool, will be waiting to see the instructions!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:37 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

That does look coo Rod; look forward to seeing your tut. It really would be cool if GIMP would support what I call organic brushes that can adapt with the flow of how you brush (sorry; gih just isn't it). The closest brush that I've came across that utilizes gih was the Vine brush I came across at Deviant a few months ago (too lazy to look up that thread right now). :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:58 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:
That does look coo Rod; look forward to seeing your tut. It really would be cool if GIMP would support what I call organic brushes that can adapt with the flow of how you brush (sorry; gih just isn't it). The closest brush that I've came across that utilizes gih was the Vine brush I came across at Deviant a few months ago (too lazy to look up that thread right now). :)

Dogwaffle just came out with a new brush type named "Orbicles" 3-D objects floating around the brush tip.Sort of like Flame Painter. :)
I would love to see that implemented in Gimp.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:45 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

I had one of Dogwaffles cool programs (forgot the name) as a give-a-way of the Day program. Lost it since I upgraded to Win7 (over 2 years ago now). I was hoping to get that program again as a give-a-way program, but alas, it was never re-offered. You know how cheap I am. lol

I remember the organic brushes that was in this program. Very cool indeed. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:15 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

I was thinking about grabbing Howler but decided i have enough image programs. :)
Besides i have Flame Painter and i can create my own brushes with it now.I really hope to see that program grow more and more.As well as Live Brush.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:40 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

Yeah; I had PD Particles a few years back (before I upgraded my XP to Win7 64-bit) via GAOTD site, but, of course, lost it with the upgrade. PD Particles was the coolest program for creating these organic brushwork. I've see wonders with folks using Live Brush too. My only beef with any of these programs is that I don't have a pad and am not an artist; am a filter guy. lol

Still, I did like augmenting my renders with PD Particles as I recall (for a few of the renders that I created that is). Have to admit, I had more then just fun with Flame Painter too. Wonder why he doesn't create other programs based on the various experiments at his website? It's almost like he sells Flame Painter to make just enough money to maintain his website to show his cool creations. Anyway, again, I like your wire render. Seen the T Rowe Price commercials where they create cool renders with wires and wanted to figure out how they do that (can already create renders out of rice like their other commercial; lol). Have conquered both ice and water and made more then enough inroads with fire, but to do the odd renders like wire bundles is beyond me for now. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:51 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

Are you talking about the car made of wires that get's plugged in? :)
That is a pretty cool effect.
Right now i am working on a tutorial for segmented pipes and connectors.
Everything made from scratch including the screw.I will include my own screw brush, and a few gradients i made for it, but i will also teach how to create these things.

This year is going to be a busy year of tutorials for me i think.I haven't done any in a great while and i will be getting into that more in 2012. I have about 7-8 tutorials that i am gearing up for. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:35 pm  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

Like the segmented duct result there Rod. Again, too bad you can't just make a dynamically adjusted brush to create the ductwork (you know how lazy I am; lol). :)