It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Tower : before and after the Fall
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:17 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

i already show the image but the narrative behind was missed
and about the narrative it is a play on a universal theme and not strictly related to the most know version, so please consider for what is ,just a fiction

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you may know i am collecting the chronicles of Lysergica and i just received a interesting contribution from a local corespondent that prefer remain anonymous

Before the Fall

Nobody never thought to build a Tower to reach the sky..more was never a tower, even if was looking as a tower if seen from far below

It was not a tower to reach the sky and challenge the Gods but a bridge for far beyond and the old Gods (that were no Gods in the proper sense but that is a too long story)never opposite on the contrary one even helped

But the stunning truth is that it never felt:
materials for inter-dimensional bridges are expensive and hard to found , more once on the other side of the Tower (i mean of the Dimensional Bridge ) not a single one felt the desire to return to Earth
we all decided to remain on the Other Side , some to just settle down in a new flowering and promising land , others to create the strongholds from where launch new bridges

Find the material for new bridges was problematic to the point that was decided to dismantle the Old One to recover what possible

But we were under a heavy economical crisis that was forcing to work in under very difficult conditions, without even the found sufficient to replace the most old and worn out machineries , cables and tyrants .

Nevertheless most of the work was done and almost all material recovered, only few dozens miles of obsidian, quartz , metals and machinery were left
...and then that bloody old worn out cable broke !
The others cables and tyrants were too worn out to resist the sudden overcharge and one by one they broke too, and everything fall dawn

Even if was only a little fragment of the original Tower falling from so high caused a large devastation , most of a city below was teared to pieces , most the citizens dead or dying

Even worse a consistent minority of the Citizens was still alive , even too much alive , and they were already looking for the cause of such disaster

As i wrote They were not proper Gods as most intend today, but anyway They were in charge to make the Rules respected
... and, here our problem, in the Rules were several paragraph about " Galactic Bridges : Compulsory Insurance and Security Standard " and " Galactic Bridges : Penalties for Collateral Damages " and so on and on

And below was still some valuable material to recover, material strictly needed to terminate the new Bridge , but now were enraged mobs mobbing all over it

It was a real emergency and we was in the panic also because the Compulsory Insurance we never did

It was a friend ,a visitor from Olimpia, a nice gay always a bit high or drunk or both but very charming , a certain Dionisio to have the winning idea

Dionisio- If we convince that folk that was the reaction of a angered God to their disgusting misfits, they will not dare to ask a refund !
we may even add that all the City is cursed, and who will try to remain will be stroke by the God Wrath, so they will run away and we could descend to recover the metal and the obsidian, and make some cover up

he was soon interrupted - "But which of the Gods ?..and why...what was the offense ?" -

Dionisio : a question at time , please !
for the first we must avoid with care all the most know because They always monitor for misuses of Their Names, better restrict the search to local deity known only in a isolate enclave
...i remember ! There was something very adapt worshiped in tribe dedicated to sheep farming in a almost desertic land , i may use as reference and take care of the screenplay ! -

But we had still to find reasonable grounds for the God Wrath

Again was our visitor from Olimpia to offer a solution, even if at first nobody took him seriously because he was clearly very, very drunk.

-That because He was enraged by the human haughtiness ... they challenged Him by trying to reach the sky !-
it was interrupted - Reach the sky ? ..you are too drunk , it is such a nonsense ! ! they have no spaceship...no airplanes ... no even a hot-air balloon !! -
D. - Doesn't matter !! They ...they ...they raised too high buildings !-
from the audience - too high ? The higher was less than 2 miles ! ...No, wait much lesso much less !... i found the map,
as you may see the higher was less then half miles ! -
D. - Don't be so pedant.. for that primitive folk a half miles building is already a lot
and the point it is not the exact height, the point was the presumptuous arrogance , the evil intention to challenge God -

We were not too convinced on this last point but luckily our friend from Olympia had a true talent for Theater, and was so skilled to create a screenplay where even that absurdity appeared more than reasonable

Soon the show was ready and everything went smoothly thanks also to Dionisio special effects:
thunders, flashings , vibes as from Earthquakes, columns of colored smoke, and the gigantic projection of a enraged deity in the middle of a gigantic dark but inflamed cloud, speaking with a enraged depth resonating voice

So we could avoid the penalties and the problems for that Compulsory Insurance we never did , and and quickly but safely recover almost all the material and remove any embarrassing trace

we was really fearing the disaster instead we had such happy end !

Mrs Wilbress

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: The Tower : before and after the Fall
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:01 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

fractal use?
needs time but looks nice