It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mix Tape
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:08 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

My Daughter is at Uni doing tv media production and their final project is to produce a music show, the title of which is "Mix Tape". So they have decided to run a competition for a logo for the show, so I just had to have a go, have done four designs.

The only criteria was the three colours and possibly featuring a cassette or media icons.

ImageImageImageImage

If your on facebook then you can go here and view the other entries or possibly enter yourself

Mix Tape

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Mix Tape
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:07 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

technically, this is the usual he4rty quality (=excellent) :bigthup

i like the last one best

the only thing i dont like so much is, that all the pictures show a format that is an anachronism
while the depiction of cassettes has been fashionable for some time now, its at the same time quite ironic that a yonger generation is fascinated by something, they havent got any contact with

all my younger work collegues laugh at me when i call my mp3 player a walkman :hehe

on the other hand its quite a tough challenge coming up with something different than the classic interpretation of the concept "mixtape"

layered, slightly overlapping waveforms might be an alternative idea
or the tracklist, which is a part of every good (recorded) mix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:57 am  (#3) 
Global Moderator

Number #! for sure...
My eyes are bad, but my taste is good!
Which one will you like next year?

Spirit Bear (Kermode)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:49 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

he4rty: they all look good, but i'm really in love with that last one - so much eighties in that one and that usually wins me over :). good luck with the competition - and good luck to your daughter with the music show.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

I do like the last one best, although it could be easier to see contrast-wise. I always think of a mix tape as a cassette with a piece of tape on it with the name of the mix or song listings, in tiny print, lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:39 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Esper - Thanks for the feedback, I too found it quite ironic that they wanted a cassette in there somewhere, hence the last design went a bit retro.
Odinbc - Thanks for the comment, to be honest it will most probably take less than a week before I start seeing flaws with the designs and not liking them as much.
AnMal - Thanks, glad you picked up on the 80's theme as that was the effect I was going for.
2-ton - Thanks, was thinking on the label idea but a bit obvious plus some have already submitted entries along similar lines.