It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tilly's Garden Splash Screen, Completed! + Video!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:27 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

So far I just have Tilly drawn, I want to make this in to a splash screen for the game so I'll probablt add some flowers and stuff...Maybe, we'll see how it goes!

I might have a video made and uploaded tomorrow for while I was sketching and "inking", I don't know though, I might wait or something. xD

Sketch and nearly half finished image:

As you can see I included all stages of the process so far! I don't know that I can do that for coloring since it's quite hard how I color to show it but well again we'll see! xD

I'm happy with her mouth, drawing beaks is always a pain! xD
Coloring her will be fun since shading for her hair is blue and lighting is yellow with red "highlights".

Update -
Okey well, I added a rose since I wanted to make this a splash screen in the end and the game is called "Tilly's Rose Garden"...Yeah, point taken! xD

Tilly is almost colored but I still have to do her mouth on the inside and eyes, along with the rose and make a background! :3

So here's what I got so far! :D

Finished:

Okey well, here's the finished Splash Screen! I was going to give it a green background to go with the fact that most backgrounds will be very green but then I figured, neh! Why make it too much green! Make it pink! That'll attract all the guys to play it after all, right? :hehe

But in all seriousness! This game is unashamedly girly! Punk fluffy games ftw! :hi5

I made the rose semi transparent because it seemed to take away from Tilly who is our "Player" so we should focus on her more than the "point givers" imo, the background image is a screenshot from a room/level of the game, and hmm nothing more really to tell, the font is "Segoe Script Bold".

I'm pretty happy with it! Game Maker keeps telling me some error about it when I try to use it, but it works when I test, for now I won't worry too much but I'll have to see about it eventually. :shock
I'll probably make it smaller for the game but it being bigger will make it look better than if I made it big from small soz... :3

Edit: I figured maybe you'd like to see the loading bar I made.

Left to be Loaded:

Loaded:

Update -

Video Link Here

CnC welcomed! Enjoy!

~ God Bless ~

~ Moko

Last edited by Mokonafan on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Tilly Drawing - WIP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:38 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

mokonafan: she looks great!! i'm no expert on bird anatomics, but she looks just right if i see her as a sort f winged human :). you're getting really good at making your characters look themselves regardless of pose - i know you've put down lots of practice on that, so it must feel good to see the result of all the hard work. looking forward to seeing it coloured.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Thank you! :D
Yes was lots of work trying to get them right, the bird characters the most! Makes me happy with the result! And drawn with a mouse instead of a pencil makes me even more happy! xD

She's supposed to be more like a anthropomorphic character, human like attributes but obviously an animal, which spoken that way sounds kinda weird even though I grew up with bugs bunny. xD - But that helps with the "Bird" aspect a bit for me.

Glad you like her so far! :3

:tyspin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:19 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

She looks great and you did the beak really well despite how difficult it is.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:47 am  (#5) 
Global Moderator

She is a very cute little bird Moko. I don't know how you think up all these cute poses and expressions. I guess that is the artistic license to make them your own as Simon says.
You do very nice line art too. I like them just as well as the colored ones.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:33 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Update -
Okey well, I added a rose since I wanted to make this a splash screen in the end and the game is called "Tilly's Rose Garden"...Yeah, point taken! xD

Tilly is almost colored but I still have to do her mouth on the inside and eyes, along with the rose and make a background! :3

So here's what I got so far! :D

Erisian wrote:
She looks great and you did the beak really well despite how difficult it is.

molly wrote:
She is a very cute little bird Moko. I don't know how you think up all these cute poses and expressions. I guess that is the artistic license to make them your own as Simon says.
You do very nice line art too. I like them just as well as the colored ones.

Thank you! I don't know how I think things up, I kinda make it up as I go a long most of the time! xD

:tyspin :tyspin

Post subject: Re: Tilly's Garden Splash Screen, Completed! - Finished WIP!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:23 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

Finished:

Okey well, here's the finished Splash Screen! I was going to give it a green background to go with the fact that most backgrounds will be very green but then I figured, neh! Why make it too much green! Make it pink! That'll attract all the guys to play it after all, right? :hehe

But in all seriousness! This game is unashamedly girly! Punk fluffy games ftw! :hi5

I made the rose semi transparent because it seemed to take away from Tilly who is our "Player" so we should focus on her more than the "point givers" imo, the background image is a screenshot from a room/level of the game, and hmm nothing more really to tell, the font is "Segoe Script Bold".

I'm pretty happy with it! Game Maker keeps telling me some error about it when I try to use it, but it works when I test, for now I won't worry too much but I'll have to see about it eventually. :shock
I'll probably make it smaller for the game but it being bigger will make it look better than if I made it big from small soz... :3

Edit: I figured maybe you'd like to see the loading bar I made.

Left to be Loaded:

Loaded:

CnC welcomed! Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Tilly's Garden Splash Screen, Completed! + Video!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:15 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

Update -

Video Link Here

Last edited by Mokonafan on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:33 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

mokonafan: :jumpclap :clap :jumpclap :clap yaay! pink fluffy games for the world! and a very well composed and nice looking splash screen. you really make the viewer focus on tilly and i love the roses and the colouring :).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:40 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

Nicely done! I've downloaded your video and I'll be watching it over a bowl of bolognese!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:01 pm  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

AnMal wrote:
mokonafan: :jumpclap :clap :jumpclap :clap yaay! pink fluffy games for the world! and a very well composed and nice looking splash screen. you really make the viewer focus on tilly and i love the roses and the colouring :).

Pink for the win! :hi5 :hi5

I really wanted it to focus on her since it is her game after all! xD
I'm glad you think it's well composed! :3

Here's the full rose, you can use it if you want.

Erisian wrote:
Nicely done! I've downloaded your video and I'll be watching it over a bowl of bolognese!

Haha have fun! :P :D
:tyspin :tyspin