It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gimp + Blender
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:35 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Hi guy, I would like to share with you my latest creation. It's based on the following tutorial http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/designing-tutorials/3d-sports-graphics-illustration/. I did some modification as you can see though. Of course I didn't use Photo$hop o Cinema 4D, instead, I used GIMP and Blender to do pretty much the same thing. I'm still trying to learn Blender (sometimes is even frustating but it pays off).

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Gimp + Blender
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:43 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

That's really cool. The good thing about 3D software is you don't have to struggle to find the right stock photo - you just create your own scenarios and people. The bad thing of course is it takes a lot of learning and because Blender has just about everything, it is probably the most difficult to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:08 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

xgeous: that's nice work!! i saw that tutorial, but i like your take on it better than the original.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:00 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Erisian and AnMal thanks for your comments. Erisian I agree, learning Blender takes a lot of time and dedication but again Blender is an extremely powerful program. I use it mainly for motion graphics and VFX (again I'm still learning). The things that we can achieve in Blender can only be done in expen$ive pro programs. Erisian I am glad that you like it, thanks.