It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: retouch
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:10 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

this is my first attempt at retouching. w8 for smiles like this : :bigthup :mrgreen:

Attachments:
retouch.jpg
retouch.jpg [ 4.69 MiB | Viewed 1707 times ]
1418549_67350398.jpg
1418549_67350398.jpg [ 4.98 MiB | Viewed 1707 times ]
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: retouch
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:50 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

From what I can see here you did a good job of it for a first try. Good work on hiding protruding elbow bone, and the laugh line around her lips. If you increase the highlights on her lips just a tiny bit they will look wetter and for some reason that's desirable to overall appearance. Little tip for the chest area, if you're retouching you're prrrrobably trying to go deeper with a little cleavage. I know, controversial, but if you don't go way out of bounds with it, it can give her better texture overall. Right now the retouched chest area has a large highlight on it and it should be more of a subtle shadow. Concave, knowadda mean?

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:52 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

gbrkovalev: i'm not a fan of retouching in general, but :bigthup on the actual work you did. it looks more natural than any first retouch attempt i've seen. i can agree with ek22 that the texture of her chest area gets a bit lost with that big highlight, but i'd like to point out that if you were able to see any actual cleavage above her dressline she would be a bit oddly shaped! if you look at the original, though, you can see that there is a tiny hint of a darker shadow in the center of her chest - if you paint that back in i think her chest would look more natural.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:39 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

You really could just inflate her with clever shading, but AnMal is right, her anatomy would look weird since she's over all very skinny.

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:34 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

An excellent first work gbarkovalev!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:39 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Yah!
To first attempt at retouching its excellent! :hehe :bigthup

A gif can help some people more easily see some changes. (click to enlarge)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:27 am  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

ek22 wrote:
From what I can see here you did a good job of it for a first try. Good work on hiding protruding elbow bone, and the laugh line around her lips. If you increase the highlights on her lips just a tiny bit they will look wetter and for some reason that's desirable to overall appearance. Little tip for the chest area, if you're retouching you're prrrrobably trying to go deeper with a little cleavage. I know, controversial, but if you don't go way out of bounds with it, it can give her better texture overall. Right now the retouched chest area has a large highlight on it and it should be more of a subtle shadow. Concave, knowadda mean?

Yeah. i think it too much light on teh chest. :clap i know that to better produce "dodge & burn" you e.g. i need to study the chiaroscuro

i will read all posts again to mark all advices/tips/gaps
Akros wrote:
Yah!
To first attempt at retouching its excellent! :hehe :bigthup

A gif can help some people more easily see some changes. (click to enlarge)

thank you very much sir. :hehe