Switch to full style
Post your gradients and patterns here
Post a reply

Bubble glass e-maps

Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:58 pm

Regular and recent GC visitors may have noticed my references to 'bubble glass e-maps' in some of my latest posts. I thought I might share these e-maps and have added a few comments on their properties.

1. The bubble glass e-maps are shown below and there is also a zip file below which contains them.
2. By their nature, the original bubbles are quite transparent, and therefore so are the e-maps.
3 Used with bevel Reflect Logo (BRL) they produce a variety of outcomes displaying some level of transparency.
4. Therefore their look depends either on the colour/pattern of the background layer beneath them, or the blend mode of any layer above them.
5. Used together, that is one outcome from one e-map on top of an outcome from a different e-map, using say Burn mode, they can deliver some quite beautiful tones.
6. As always experimentation is required to find results meeting your satisfaction.

Re: Bubble glass e-maps

Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:25 pm

Oh, you are so creative! I'm downloading them now! Thank you so much, OMG. Brilliant!

Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:44 am

Pat - thank you; have fun.

Thought I would post an additional capability of BRL when using my glass or bubble glass e-maps.

Typically BRL works against a filled selection on a layer in Normal mode, with Opacity at 100%. This will produce curved, reflective outcomes based on the geometry of the selection.

However, it is possible to obtain flat, textured outcomes from BRL; the way I do it is firstly to run Filters<Decor<Fog with parameters Turbulence set to 5 and Opacity set to 80%.

Then run BRL (with selected e-map) against a target selection on that Fog layer, to obtain a flat textured, but still glassy, outcome as in the example image below.

Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:16 am

Thank you very much OMG, It's quite a master class. Truly a mastery of glass texture. :clap
I have saved them. Thanks a lot :tyspin

Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:22 pm

Thank you OMG for the lovely e-maps and advice.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:48 am

Issabella and Teapot - thank you for you kind comments; enjoy the bubble glass!

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:59 pm

Nice one OMG. Thank you. :bigthup

Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:40 am

I was playing with your glass bubbles, OMG. Thanks again. :tyspin

Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:52 am

oldmangrumpy wrote:Regular and recent GC visitors may have noticed my references to 'bubble glass e-maps' in some of my latest posts. I thought I might share these e-maps and have added a few comments on their properties.

1. The bubble glass e-maps are shown below and there is also a zip file below which contains them.
2. By their nature, the original bubbles are quite transparent, and therefore so are the e-maps.
3 Used with bevel Reflect Logo (BRL) they produce a variety of outcomes displaying some level of transparency.
4. Therefore their look depends either on the colour/pattern of the background layer beneath them, or the blend mode of any layer above them.
5. Used together, that is one outcome from one e-map on top of an outcome from a different e-map, using say Burn mode, they can deliver some quite beautiful tones.
6. As always experimentation is required to find results meeting your satisfaction.

Thanks a lot! Gonna use it!

Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:00 pm

One more with your maps. This time I applied to butterflies. It's very subtle but they are transparent as you say. :) :bigthup
Post a reply