Switch to full style
Post your gradients and patterns here
Post a reply

Re: Post Your Patterns & Textures

Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:24 pm

Here's 2 seamless bat patterns I made a while ago for a project I worked on, use them however you like.

Re: 2 seamless denim patterns for Gimp

Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:54 pm

Hey! These look really great Rod! Thanks for the upload. ;)

Carbon Fiber Pattern

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:20 pm

A pattern I created awhile back.

Copy and paste here: C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\patterns

Re: Carbon Fiber Pattern

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Thanks, this one looks like it will be very useful.

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Nice pattern, Thanks for the share.

Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Thanks for the new pattern Fencepost. You can never have too many of them. :)

Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:29 pm

That's a pretty cool looking pattern, it might look nice on some kind text.

Re: Post Your Patterns & Textures Here

Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:59 am

Have a seamless leather texture. This should work for skinning as well as manips. Enjoy, it's free to use for anyone that wants it.

Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:01 am

Very nice, thanks EK.

Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Working with Qbist...love it!

Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:44 am

Draconian wrote:We all spend a lot of time on the internet chasing down just the right pattern or texture for the particular project we are working on at the moment. Here we can post our favorite or unusual patterns and textures for everyone to share. If you have quite a few, you might want to make a jpeg with thumbnails of the contents of the zip file so others can tell what's inside. I hope everyone jumps on this cuz i could definitely uses more stuff to fill up my already bulging hard drive.

Just to start this off, here's the stone pattern I made and posted in another thread and another one where I added a "cracks" layer in multiply mode. If the "cracked stone" is too dark, just go to Colors>Levels and make it a bit lighter.

That's very nice, I wonder if that technique would work well for doing like a weather wood look??

Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:03 pm

I'm looking for some good "seamless camouflage patterns", but I only seem to be able to find them for Photoshop and not Gimp.
Would anyone have these kinds of patterns for Gimp?

Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:11 pm

Wallace wrote:I'm looking for some good "seamless camouflage patterns", but I only seem to be able to find them for Photoshop and not Gimp.

Is this Script any good to you Wallace, I have one installed as default under create>patterns>camouflage, don't think it is the same.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:23 pm

he4rty wrote:
Wallace wrote:I'm looking for some good "seamless camouflage patterns", but I only seem to be able to find them for Photoshop and not Gimp.

Is this Script any good to you Wallace, I have one installed as default under create>patterns>camouflage, don't think it is the same.

Thanks for this suggestion He4rty.
I have this script under "create", and there is also the G'Mic "Testing" that can create camouflage patterns, but I'm looking for Gimp .pat files that I don't have to create myself.
I think you're right, but I'll check that script out.
Thanks. :bigthup

This is what you get with the, "create>patterns>camouflage" using the default settings.

This is what you get with the, "sf-will-camo.scm" using the default settings.

Both or pretty good, but you can easily see the differences.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:16 am

I have this pattern that I use sometimes for bumping and overlay and I am sure it is a default, but I looked all through my patterns folder and I can't find what the name of it is. Does anyone out there know. thanks. :oops:

Image Image
one on right... logo toolbox script

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:29 am

@Wallace - Those are the exact two cammo patterns that I have.

@Molly - That pattern is called Silver (256x256) in GIMP and silver.pat is the actual file name. There is another similar pattern called Gold (256x256) with gold.pat as the file name. It's the same but the swirls are golden in color, rather than silver.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:44 am

:roll: Thank you tux, and here I was looking all over for a name with blue in it. I found the silver one in my patterns but I don't have the gold one. one is an insert
These are the old two gold ones I have...Image

Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:55 pm

molly wrote::roll: Thank you tux, and here I was looking all over for a name with blue in it. I found the silver one in my patterns but I don't have the gold one. one is an insert
These are the old two gold ones I have...Image

@ Molly... Do you think you could post the Gimp "Pattern", (ie. .pat) files for these patterns, the "silver" and "gold" ones?

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:50 pm

Sure Wallace , just have to get off this iPad first and over to the desktop.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:12 pm

Here's the gold.pat

Post a reply