Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:59 pm

The Warrior wrote:
Odinbc wrote:
The Warrior wrote:Simple design:

[ Image ]
Nice one, Warrior, That looks like a chocolate bar. :lick

Here ya go. This one looks like a chocolate bar. :bigthup

[ Image ]
I knew it, thanks for taking off the wrapper and showing us what was inside!

Re: GIMP Chat Banners

Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Thanks for all great banners!

Please remember to post the xcf, with individual layers, or I might not be able to properly integrate the banner with the site's background.

Thanks!

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:01 pm

Odinbc wrote:I knew it, thanks for taking off the wrapper and showing us what was inside!

Haha. :mrgreen:

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:01 pm

GnuTux wrote:Thanks for all great banners!

Please remember to post the xcf, with individual layers, or I might not be able to properly integrate the banner with the site's background.

Thanks!

Not sure how to post the .xcf?

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Add it as an attachment, Warrior. You'll see the attachment dialog at the bottom of the post, just below the submit button.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:13 pm

GnuTux wrote:Add it as an attachment, Warrior. You'll see the attachment dialog at the bottom of the post, just below the submit button.

Thanks, appreciate it, .XCF's added.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:19 pm

@ Warrior,

I love chocolate and your GC banner looks delicious, as well as imaginative. :hehe

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Wallace wrote:
The Warrior wrote:
GnuTux wrote:Add it as an attachment, Warrior. You'll see the attachment dialog at the bottom of the post, just below the submit button.

Thanks, appreciate it, .XCF's added.

@ Warrior,

I love chocolate and your GC banner looks delicious, as well as imaginative. :hehe

Haha, thanks man, appreciate it. You're never gonna believe this, but, I work at a candy factory, and designed 2 different company logo candy bars using the ol' GIMPer.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:37 pm

The Warrior wrote:Haha, thanks man, appreciate it. You're never gonna believe this, but, I work at a candy factory, and designed 2 different company logo candy bars using the ol' GIMPer.

No kidding, :hehe so that wasn't much of a stretch of imagination for you, it's something you see every day. Your GC banner design would have never come to my mind.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:56 pm

Wallace wrote:
The Warrior wrote:Haha, thanks man, appreciate it. You're never gonna believe this, but, I work at a candy factory, and designed 2 different company logo candy bars using the ol' GIMPer.

No kidding, :hehe so that wasn't much of a stretch of imagination for you, it's something you see every day. Your GC banner design would have never come to my mind.

Not at all. I actually found the copies I had. These were the 2 they chose:

Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:06 pm

This one is actually better.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:05 am

I'm playing with another photographic based idea at the moment:
P1060232_gc_banner_sml.png
P1060232_gc_banner_sml.png (376.97 KiB) Viewed 1075 times

Which isn't suitable for use here as the tones don't really fit with the site's colours, but I'm enjoying doing it. ;)

It's made from these pieces:
Image Image

Where I could do with some help is with the "Where imagination..." tag line. What's the best thing do with it? Should I try and make it look engraved into the wood, or leave it floating the way it is now, and if so, what colour(s).

Kevin

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:26 am

@paynekj: Yeah, I would burn the whole thing and maybe a wilber too just to preserve the rustic texture of the wood sign. If you're going with a theme like this you can't spoil the illusion. I think it would be awesome to see it used as a banner even if it doesn't quite match the current forum theme just because it shows off what can be done with gimp.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Yet another GC banner...

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:55 pm

paynekj wrote:I'm playing with another photographic based idea at the moment:
P1060232_gc_banner_sml.png

Which isn't suitable for use here as the tones don't really fit with the site's colours, but I'm enjoying doing it. ;)
paynekj, i think this looks really fresh and different in comparison to the usual banners in a very good way !

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:56 pm

Post a reply