Switch to full style
Questions or suggestion regarding gimpchat.com
Post a reply

Re: GIMP Chat Banners

Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:46 pm

You can view the current set of raw banner images here..

gnutux/banners/

Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:54 pm

thanks

Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:55 pm

GnuTux wrote:You can view the current set of raw banner images here..

http://gimpchat.com/gnutux/banners/

When I click on 'wavy_banner2.png', I get this page showing this message...

Not Found

The requested URL /gnutux/banners/wavy_banner2.png was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:58 pm

That banner is no longer in rotation, Wallace. Clear your browser cache (Shift-Refresh in FF).

Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:10 pm

GnuTux wrote:That banner is no longer in rotation, Wallace. Clear your browser cache (Shift-Refresh in FF).

I went back to look at the banner images in rotation and the image in question wasn't there, so not a problem.
Thanks for providing the link. :bigthup

Would it be okay if I made more banners?

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:28 am

Sure thing, Wallace. Everyone is welcome to create as many banners as they want and I'll work them into rotation. :hi5

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:55 am

GnuTux wrote:Sure thing, Wallace. Everyone is welcome to create as many banners as they want and I'll work them into rotation. :hi5

Oh, that's cool. :bigthup
I really enjoy making them and seeing them displayed is lost of fun. It has me feeling like I'm really part of the GC community.
I was thinking of putting my user name in really small letter somewhere in my next banner and seeing if anyone can find it. Or maybe placing the 'Green-pepper' Image within the image as a kind of 'where's waldo' kind of thing.
:hehe

Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:01 am

Wallace wrote:Oh, that's cool. :bigthup
I really enjoy making them and seeing them displayed is lost of fun. It has me feeling like I'm really part of the GC community.

Man oh man, I hear that. I've just been here a few weeks. It's awesome to see my stuff up top. Have really been enjoying this place.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:10 am

Here is my contribution although It is quite simple.
Image this is the png
I have attached an xcf as well

Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:24 am

The Warrior wrote:Man oh man, I hear that. I've just been here a few weeks. It's awesome to see my stuff up top. Have really been enjoying this place.

@ The Warrior,

Well, you certinly dove in head first, unlike myself... it took me a while to warm up to things.

sallyanne wrote:Here is my contribution although It is quite simple.

@ Sallyanne,

I like your GC banner and there's nothing wrong with simple. ;)

Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:36 am

Thank you Wallace

Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:39 am

Sometimes less is more and your banner is simple yet elegant. I like it sallyanne.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:23 am

Very nice job Sallyanne. the colors really work well together.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:29 am

Thanks ek22 and molly.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:02 pm

Another simple one. Perhaps the best chrome letters I've made to date. Shouldn't need an .xcf file, as this is the site's background I used:

Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:54 am

The Warrior wrote:Another simple one. Perhaps the best chrome letters I've made to date. Shouldn't need an .xcf file, as this is the site's background I used:

Not bad at all.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:48 am

Thanks, appreciate it.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:43 am

The Warrior wrote:Another simple one. Perhaps the best chrome letters I've made to date. Shouldn't need an .xcf file, as this is the site's background I used:

[ Image ]
What is the font, Warrior? It's very unique, I can visualize single letter uses!

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:33 am

Odinbc wrote:

[ Image ]
What is the font, Warrior? It's very unique, I can visualize single letter uses!

It works great for smaller words, as it's a short font. It's called

http://www.dafont.com/911porscha.font

Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:27 pm

Thank you, Warrior!
Post a reply