Switch to full style
Questions or suggestion regarding gimpchat.com
Post a reply

Re: GIMP Chat Banners

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:27 pm

Cool new banners, folks. Now I've got 31, which doesn't divide equally. :lol

I think y'all are right about the first Theatre Marquee being more realistic so I'll go with that one. I did create a neon tux to replace the graphic tux.

I like your all neon concept, ofnuts. There could be a little more of a tube with a glow effect, which would make it a bit more realistic. Also, adding the site slogan "Where Imagination Meets Innovation" would be a nice addition.

I found a couple of neon tube fonts that are kinda cool.

http://www.fonts2u.com/beon-medium1.font
http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/flat-it/ht-neon/

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:58 am

PegLeg44 wrote:[ Image ]

Here's one I made. I corrected the spelling.

Alan

This one is beautiful!!!

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:02 am

I love that one too, very professional looking.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:58 am

the new ones are all great! especially pegleg's, so well made, but i like the marquee (yeah, the orange one!) and the café neon sign too.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:03 pm

GnuTux wrote:Cool new banners, folks. Now I've got 31, which doesn't divide equally. :lol

So, what you're saying, is, we need one more, hint hint? :mrgreen:

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:11 pm

The Warrior wrote:
GnuTux wrote:Cool new banners, folks. Now I've got 31, which doesn't divide equally. :lol

So, what you're saying, is, we need one more, hint hint? :mrgreen:

Prime numbers have their benefits...

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:43 pm

heres something that i made tonight
its pretty minimalistic for my standards i guess, but i think a GC banner must be simple

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:26 pm

GnuTux wrote:I like your all neon concept, ofnuts. There could be a little more of a tube with a glow effect, which would make it a bit more realistic.
Matter of taste :) I will see what I can do.

GnuTux wrote:Also, adding the site slogan "Where Imagination Meets Innovation" would be a nice addition.
The neon look doesn't work well with small characters and your slogan is quite long...

GnuTux wrote:I found a couple of neon tube fonts that are kinda cool.
http://www.fonts2u.com/beon-medium1.font
http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/flat-it/ht-neon/

Originally I wanted to use engraving fonts but Gimp 2.8 doesn't support them. One of these fonts isn't free and the other one isn't that nice.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:34 pm

ofnuts wrote:
GnuTux wrote:Also, adding the site slogan "Where Imagination Meets Innovation" would be a nice addition.

The neon look doesn't work well with small characters and your slogan is quite long.

The banner is pretty wide @ 930px and you could shorten it to "Imagination Meets Innovation"

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:35 pm

Do you still need more? I could offer one :mrgreen:

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Yes, we could use a few more. 40 banners will allow for rotating a new banner every 3 minutes over a two hour period. :cool

Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:35 pm

GnuTux wrote:Yes, we could use a few more. 40 banners will allow for rotating a new banner every 3 minutes over a two hour period. :cool

Here's another one...

GnuTux wrote:Here is a concept (old theatre marquee) I've been playing with. Not sure how good it is, though.

I can't decide which is better. Although, the last one probably fits better with the site's color scheme.

With this one, that makes 4 new ones. We need 2 more to make 30 banners, which will allow me to rotate a new one every 4 minutes for two hours.

I could use a couple from the original thread than was never placed into rotation, There are a couple of good ones there that wasn't used.

I like the orange one most of all.

PegLeg44 wrote:Here's one I made. I corrected the spelling.

Alan

Oooo, me likes. :hehe

Esper wrote:heres something that i made tonight
its pretty minimalistic for my standards i guess, but i think a GC banner must be simple.

Nice looking banner Esper. :bigthup

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Nice work everyone. Another I just finished. Again, shouldn't really need the xcf, as I used the site's header background:

Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:12 pm

I kinda need the xcf or I need a banner with a transparent background. I've ran into previous issues where the background provided didn't perfectly color match the site's background. If the site's background color changes slightly, it won't match up either.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:13 pm

GnuTux wrote:I kinda need the xcf or I need a banner with a transparent background. I've ran into previous issues where the background provided didn't perfectly color match the site's background. If the site's background color changes slightly, it won't match up either.

Oh, okay, I'll add them then.

EDIT: Added

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Took advantage of the Pack Sprite filter. Plain, but okay. Looks better on the background.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:38 am

The Warrior wrote:Took advantage of the Pack Sprite filter. Plain, but okay. Looks better on the background

Oooo, that's cool looking. :bigthup

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:57 am

Wallace wrote:
The Warrior wrote:Took advantage of the Pack Sprite filter. Plain, but okay. Looks better on the background

Oooo, that's cool looking. :bigthup

Thanks man.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:02 am

The Warrior wrote:Thanks man.

;)

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:22 am

Is there 40 yet? Too lazy to count.
Post a reply