It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to delete account
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:50 am  (#1) 

I'm trying to tidy up and close my accounts on websites that I haven't used or have been inactive on for a long time. If there is a way to delete your account on this website, I haven't been able to figure it out. Am I just missing it or do I need to contact staff/admins?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: How to delete account
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:37 am  (#2) 
Global Moderator

You don't want to be a member anymore? I deactivated your account but cannot delete you

Post subject: Re: How to delete account
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:05 pm  (#3) 
Script Coder

sallyanne wrote:
You don't want to be a member anymore? I deactivated your account but cannot delete you

You (or someone else) should be able to because if GC accepts EU citizens it must comply with GDPR.

Technically it means "removing personal information" (this includes the private messages), but it doesn't mean removing the posts (the T&C of GC may state that GC keeps the right to publish everything here indefinitely).

If I had to a request to delete an active user on G-F.n I would merge the account into some "DearDeparted" account, the raw "Delete account" being used against spammers and inactive users.