Switch to full style
Non-Gimp related posts here
Post a reply

Recover lost data

Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:30 pm

I'm wondering if there is a program to recover lost data from a flash drive or recycle bin or even file sharing site?

Re: Recover lost data

Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:41 pm

mackenzieh wrote:I'm wondering if there is a program to recover lost data from a flash drive or recycle bin or even file sharing site?

What do you mean by "lost" data?

Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:01 pm

mackenzieh wrote:I'm wondering if there is a program to recover lost data from a flash drive or recycle bin or even file sharing site?

Yes there are, but you need to be more specific in your needs. Google search for "retrieving lost data" should be very helpful.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:13 pm

Wallace wrote:

What do you mean by "lost" data?

Deleted files or photos. That's what I mean by lost data.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Recover Deleted Files

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:06 pm

I'd rather not pay for data recovery. Are there any free programs that can do the job?

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:12 pm

mackenzieh wrote:I'd rather not pay for data recovery. Are there any free programs that can do the job?

You can give
Glary Undelete a try.
It's a free undelete utility form Glarysoft.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Wallace wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:I'd rather not pay for data recovery. Are there any free programs that can do the job?

You can give
Glary Undelete a try.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. You told me about Glary soft. I wonder it's part of the program I have. It worked. :)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:25 pm

mackenzieh wrote:
Wallace wrote:

You can give
Glary Undelete a try.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. You told me about Glary soft. I wonder it's part of the program I have.

It's a separate utility.
I gave a link to it.

Here's the link again: https://www.glarysoft.com/glary-undelete/

Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:33 pm

It may be a separate utility, but GlaryUtilities actually has a file undelete option already there. :)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:35 pm

mackenzieh wrote:It may be a separate utility, but GlaryUtilities actually has a file undelete option already there. :)

Yes you're correct.
Not sure if the Undelete Utility is any different.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:16 am

The "recycle bin" can be opened to list recently deleted files (how recent depedns on file size and size allocated to the bin) and restore them.

The file sharing site is hopeless.. unless you are good friends with an admin (and even then....)

Plenty of utilities to recover deleted files from (V)FAT file systems...
Post a reply