Switch to full style
Non-Gimp related posts here
Post a reply

Who can change PS steps to Gimp

Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:50 am

Just saw this in a facebook group I am in. It is for PS but I want to do it in Gimp. I have tried and am sure it can be. Anyone up for the challenge to give us the steps in gimp?
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Video was only posted a couple days ago.

Re: Who can change PS steps to Gimp

Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:17 am

here is my try in Gimp but I know it can be done better

Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:52 am

Seems to be just the "Freaky details" technique. Already did a short write-up here.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:21 am

Thanks ofnuts :)

Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:28 am

sallyanne,

Using your eagle picture, I got very similar results using a contrast mask with a small blur radius.

Duplicate layer
Invert
Desaturate
Overlay mode
Gaussian blur

david.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:27 am

Cool david :)

Do you have GMIC? Lot of images in there ('sample image' under various - or just search for sample image). That's where I got the eagle image from.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:51 am

sallyanne,

Thanks for the reply. I never thought to look in GMIC!

david.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:40 am

ofnuts wrote:Seems to be just the "Freaky details" technique. Already did a short write-up here.

Indeed! It is freaky details...
Few years ago I did follow this tuto https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV9u0Wu8L0M (incredible it was still in my bookmarks) this video made me understand the unsharp and high pass concept (yes it's a old video but still very actual!)

@sallyanne I like Unmesh Dinda(PixImperfect), the way he's presenting his tutos, a very entertaining guy ;)
(even though I'm not anymore a photoshop guy for... many years, yes I'm still subscribed to its channel and continue to watch him :hehe )

Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:45 am

Sallyanne, ehere in G'MIC are the images?
Post a reply