Switch to full style
Non-Gimp related posts here
Post a reply

Spring Again in OZ - Couple of Photos

Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:40 pm

The other G word (i.e. Gardening not Gimping) is taking up a lot of time right now :)

With a long wet period but still lots of sunshine, everything is flowering in profusion - so here are a couple of shots; Grevillea Peaches and Cream close up and Callistemon Perth Pink.

Re: Spring Again in OZ - Couple of Photos

Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:41 pm

Cool flowers OMG.
I love the warmer weather but it is still taking much too long to warm up even here in SA :gaah

Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:48 am

Those are beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing those. :) Just turning Fall here in the states. Chickens are laying less already. I am not looking forward to Winter. :P

Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:20 pm

Looks wonderful, OMG; enjoy your Spring as we our fall. Still too hot at the moment, but today's finally been cooler (at least in the Morning). lol

:)

Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:15 pm

[b]Sallyanne, Rod and Lyle[/b] - glad you enjoy native Aussie plants. Here is another Grevillea (Molly) with the flowers larger than my hand.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:54 am

We are having a 'long weekend' (public holiday!) here and I have spent a lot of time in garden renewal projects. Here is a long shot of that bottle brush (Callistemon) I posted earlier; never seen it flower this prolifically in 20 years.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:24 am

What a beautiful garden you have, OMG :bigthup Thanks for sharing the photos.
Here autumn is upon us after a warm summer.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:01 pm

Must be from all the rain you have had OMG. Brilliant garden. one to be proud of
@Ella I hope our Summer is warm. I'm sure the warmest days we had last year were in Spring. Got cool here real soon and don't think we had much of a Summer at all.

Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:06 am

sallyanne wrote:@Ella I hope our Summer is warm. I'm sure the warmest days we had last year were in Spring. Got cool here real soon and don't think we had much of a Summer at all.

Hope you have a nice summer, sallyanne and OMG, not too hot and dry or not too wet. Fingers crossed ...

Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:14 pm

And it keeps on raining, 100mm on Saturday/Sunday. But there is some sun around and it has encouraged the iris in the pond to burst forth.

Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:58 pm

So many rainy, sunless days but the Aussie natives in the garden keep delivering.

Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:10 pm

Irises together over the pond beside our outdoor entertainment area. Spring is a good time of year except for the heavy rain that is still flooding our inland waterways and country towns - sad for them.

Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:43 am

Beautiful flowers OMG. Pity they don't last long (as in all year round)
We have Jasmine out at the moment but only blooms for a month at most

Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:01 am

Our Blueberry Ash trees (despite the name they are Aussie natives) have started showing their delicate pink blossom. Standing some 12 metres tall and running for 15 metres along the back fence they are stunning. Here is a close up of the blossom, low down.

Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:49 am

Looks amazing - cheers me up since our garden in this November Autumn is a rather soggy place.

:tyspin

Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:41 pm

Skinnyhouse - thanks for your comment; I think any garden is a good garden but some are just better at different times of year ;)

Here is another pic, again a native Aussie plant, Kangaroo Paw which is a strappy leaved plant with this one, a large variety, sending up stems between 1.5 and 2.0 metres and it's flowers last for up to 10 weeks. I have others of different sizes and colours.
Post a reply